YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi everyone, just though that I would introduce myself to you all.

Have been lurking here a fair while and finally decided that it was about time to enter the fray (see equipment forum).

Based in Herts (in the same BSAC club as Aclivity) but work in Central London. Currently in the last stages of the new BSAC Dive Leader course and thinking about which advanced Nitrox course to go for.

take care

Andy Bloss

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

Welcome to the board.

I did the BSAC course which wasn't a bad way to spend a weekend, and the 50% limit was fine for me at the time.

If you want to have the 100% limit then TDI is the way to go.

I was lucky enough to miss the new system changes and have since found out I can do the old AD too. How have you found the new system?

Andy

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

Hello there!  Im slowly but surely building up a reputation as the resident perverted woman on YD, so i am here to confirm that rumour.  Hehe

i got my DL at the start of the year, having completed most of the training last season.  I did my advanced nitrox up in Scapa Flow (ohhhh baby what a fantastic place) through scapa scuba www.scapascuba.co.uk they offer both IANTD and TDI courses.  Plus they sell silly hoods (horns, ears etc).  Oh yeah, and Highland Park is distilled up there.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hi Andy
based in Harpenden and work in London too, Old St.

look forward to seeing you on a trip sometime?

It only rarely gets a bit warm on here so dont be scared of joining in, not so much flames more bbq. Usually ends up cooled down and friendly. We just happen to be 'enthusiastic' on some subjects rather than all.

Matt

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Andy.

It won't be long before we can break away and start "Hertfordshire Divers"...  I can see it all now - organised Shandy mornings.

dan.
(who lives in Hemel and works in Watford)

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>I suppose I should say hello .......... welcome to the light side after your long period of lurking in the shadows!

Andy
(also BSAC 1105)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Thanks for the welcome all!

And also thanks for the recommendations for the Ad.Nitrox course, now I have something to think about for my winter training, as well as finishing the last few elements of the DL training. Porg - was at Scapa at the end of September during the folk festival (oh why did I get the room over the band in the Ferry Inn?!), fantastic place, apart from being chased by Conga that Ronnie from the Jean Elaine set upon me!

WL, I found the new DL course OK, but had already done the PRM, BH and O2 SDC's and so didn't feel that there was too much to it that I hadn't covered elsewhere. The new AD course looks much more interesting though and I look forward to spending some time going throught that.

Shandy mornings? That'l be the day...

ta

Andy B

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>nope, haven't a clue.

I have trouble finding that boat when it's not in the water .......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts