YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Imported post

Hi there everyone, my name's John McGuigan and I found this board quite by accident.

I'm 38 and have been diving since 1989. I've dived with several BSAC special branches over the years in the UK and on mainland Europe. Stopped at BSAC Advanced Diver (1995) and Assistant Club Instructor (1998) and just basically never found the time to go on to higher levels, but managed to amass over 1600 dives in various locations around the UK and the rest of the world (bit lazy with logbook, but over 640 logged dives). Main UK sites were around the N.Wales coast, Llyn Peninsula, S.Wales, Plymouth and Torbay, overseas I've done Falkland Islands, Ascension, Gulf of Arabia, West Canada and a few more in between.

Never did much tropical diving until earlier this year when I went away to Koh Tao to do my PADI Divemaster and ended up coming back a bit later than planned as a PADI OWSI.

Looking for a new club now as I'm on the move again in Feb to the Norfolk area..  around Kings Lynn and Swaffham, but can travel to anywhere really.

John

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Hi John, welcome on board.

What are the Falklands like for diving?

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Hiya John
  I di the Falklands earlier this year. Only managed to get 4 dives in tho. Saw Killer whales whilst walking along a beach. Brilliant place.
Good diving
Rob

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Diving in the Flaklands was fantastic, kelp forests are stunning. We saw a pair of killer whales off of Pebble Island on the way back from a dive, never got in the water quckly enough before they were gone though

The dolphins are fun though, just bang a couple of stones together and they come and swim with you...

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey John,

You are indeed welcome to YD, infact, we've got pretty similar profiles in terms of both diving and age!

Get in amongst it and enjoy mate and hope to see you on a few dives with us in 2004!

Cheers,

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi John
Welcome to YD.
  “Louigi’s” yer man from the Norfolk area,
I expect you will be hearing from him some time.
Understand he’s in bed with the flu at the moment.
Cheers
Bob

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD!!

moray

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'll look out for Luigi in the next few days...

Happy New Year

John

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Merry xmas John

I'm sure our paths will cross one day but we probably will not recognise each other - so I'm the tall, dark, handson, muscular bloke with all the babes and witt. (or am I only half right?)

James

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

heh, I'm the OLD tall, dark, handsom one that the babes avoid!!  So we should recognise each other instantly!!!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

John

Welcome to YD, if you fancy a few dives out of Dover with our 400 wrecks to chose from give me a shout.

Your profile looks a bit like a Blue Job?

Dive safe

Paul - Another mature diver.

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Dec. 28 2003,00:21)]Your profile looks a bit like a Blue Job?
Sure am, 20 years so far and still going.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hi John we have a thriving club at Kings Lynn with 2 ribs and no politics. & a load of p*ss tacking  Give me a shout when you are ready and i'll introduce you. Louigi.

Louigi fastest plumber in west Norfolk.

drives a blue diablo/doblo always wos crap at spelling. specialy when enebriated.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Hello from Cambridge,

May see you and louigi in Guildy some time

Conor

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (louigi @ Dec. 30 2003,17:31)]Hi John we have a thriving club at Kings Lynn with 2 ribs and no politics. & a load of p*ss tacking  Give me a shout when you are ready and i'll introduce you. Louigi.
Thanks for that Luigi, I'm moving across that way at the beginning of Feb so I'll definately come and look you up as soon as I get myself settled in...  Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts