YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
me and my husband have just completed our open water. we both passed and are feeling very chuffed. :teeth:

just looking forward to our next diving adventure. whatever that might be.

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Hi Dobby,

welcome to YD...

Congratulations on passing your OW!

Plenty of trips on here... not all for experienced divers either, in fact far from it, what part of the county are you from? It would help for others to know, so you can perhaps join in on some of the easier, closer ones... or just turn up and introduce yourselves; I know it can be a bit daunting, but you'll learn loads, and should have a laugh in the process!

Have fun on the boards

Pete

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Hi Dobby,

I live just north of you in Sunny Suffolk. Welcome to YD, I'm sure you'lll find this place a fountain or knowledge. There are a few novice trips orrganised this year. Just pipe up and ask any questions you might have, there are no silly questions.

The YD trips are run at cost so you don't have to pay for some DM to hold your hand whilst your diving. There are plenty of nice divers on here who will be only too pleased to help you get the most out of diving.

Dave C

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Hello, welcome to YD, and congratulations to you both on passing your OW course. I hope you have fun on YD (we all do!) and as others have said, if you want some buddies, let us know when and where you want to go diving. Chances are that there will be some peeps on here who would be happy to meet up and say hello.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Dobby and Mr Dobby,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome..

Hi Dobby

Congratulations on passing your OWD. This will open a lot of doors for you and your husband.

Me and my husband did our OWD and AOWD together, and you can savely say, we are both hooked on diving, can't get enough of it. Anything will do, whether it's a quick dip in Capernwray or diving in an almost like aquarium known as the Red Sea.

I think it's a nice hobby to share with a loved one. I feel it's brought me and my hubby closer (not that we were ever apart), but things just seem "shiny and new" now that we have a shared interest!

Hope things are well for you both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts