YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi to all,

After lurking for a couple of weeks I thought it time to write a line of introduction.

I went to Ireland to do my PADI  OW in August 2002 at the grand age of 54, followed this up with AOW in May this year, but have not dived since.

Now, I am booked on a dive holiday to Egypt this November and would like to get some practice in beforehand. Have bought most of the basic equipment; 7mm semi-dry suit with matching booties and bonnet,
Aquapro BCD, Apex regs & gauges, Suunto computer etc etc. Do not have tanks or weights yet, but am prepared to buy these if  anyone is willing to help this novice get some practice in UK waters.

As my profile shows I live in Newport East Yorks….thats near hull…or is it HULL? Anyway it is nowhere near Suez….but we do have a canal, only about 30ft across but there are wrecks! …a circa 1975 TanSad by Silver Cross and a WWII era Raleigh Roadster, but trophy hunters beware! The bell has already been taken…....er,...OK,... I’ll get me coat……NURSE!
………..NURSE!

Best Regards to all…phil..  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Phil,

Well you prabaly know the score by now and you could be considered one of the younger members compared to some  

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Phil,

You are welcome indeed to YD! Very encouraging to see you've got a sense of humour - in diving, you'll need it. I think your best tack to get out and about with other Hull-based members would be to put a post in the 'Need a Buddy' section and then see how many takers you get - I know we've got a few out that way. Well done on passing your recent courses and you'll love Egypt. Dive safe and hopefully see ya soon for a wet!.

Cheers,

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Phil and a be-lated happy birthday(Yesterday I believe).

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts