YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
He that is called 'Dundee', from the clan 'Dundee'
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Met some of you at the Lochaline trip, hope you all made it back safely (even the southern softies...it wasnae cold at all!). Based in Dundee, happy to travel to Farnes, North and West coasts but no quarries! We have Lochs instead and you are all welcome to visit and tickle a conger or two.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Hi there Dundee.....

Welcome to the board and hope to meet you on future trips.

We used to live in Kirriemuir and worked in Dundee & Forfar but then saw sense and headed for warmer climes - Buckinghamshire!!!  Hadn't dived when we lived up there though or we might have had a reason to stay.  The lochs have to beat Stoney or Horsea Island.

Lou

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard the good ship YD mate! Hope our lot behaved themselves this weekend. Should be plenty of dive trips up north this season (for those who actually think diving happens in seasons!) so hook up and see you there some weekend!

Regards

Jay

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Southern softies... grrrrr...........
That was just an act.

I`ve just about warmed up now.

I`m busy trying to find a restaurant with fresh food.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Dundee,

A very warm welcome mate!

Lucky SOB living where you do - all that diving on your doorstep.

Look forward to seeing you on a future trip and get in amongst it on YD.

Cheers,

·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Dude, How did you enjoy the Thesis? Its my fave on the Sound, like swiiming through an aquarium if you get the vis.

BTW I see you got the Watford result.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

The Thesis was absolutly brilliant, in my opinion, best dive of weekend.
However I was bound to say that even if it wasn`t.

Now we want a Watford/Arsenal cup final just to start a civil war in my household.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Chris
Welcome aboard YD. You'll find "MOST" of them an ameniable bunch and I'll see you soon. I hope you all had fun diving and I'm making the Molotov cocktails for the Lochaline hotel as we speak. The stupid woman is only shooting herself in the foot.

Peter

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome.  They allow frogs on here!  
Dive safely, ask as many questions as you want, dive safely.  Ribbet.

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

what went wrong with the hotel, i heard they were v good so long as you did not want the land lord to smile?

·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Ah! The hotel.......

Well, Peter had arranged for us to meet in the hotel on Saturday evening to eat (it is the only place where you can at the moment...but I hear that is about to change). I turned up at about 7.30 with some of the others and three of us sat at table 5 and ordered food. At about 8pm we had still not received anything but noticed that a couple of other tables (with local folk at them) had arrived and been fed immediately.
At 8.30 I decided to politely ask what had happened to our order. The cook heard me ask the waitress and stuck her head out of the kitchen asking what the problem was. I politely said that we had been waiting for an hour and asked if there was a problem. The reply was as follows:

"I cook from fresh, You wouldn't be used to that.....so PISS OFF!"

Yes, in those exact words.

So three of us pissed off (politely).

However, the cook proceeded to add the bill for our order to Peter's bill even though not a morsel had been served.

I consider the first act to be rude, the second to be theft and therefore will never set foot in that establishment again. I am composing a snotty letter for their archives and intend to post the story to every diving related website that may consider visiting Lochaline.

BTW One of the dive centre staff pointed out that this had happened numerous times before and he would give them a severe bollocking.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

What a wonderful way to attract custom to one's establishment.  NOT.  The Lochaline?  Heard of it, probably been in it myself, where is it please, for self clarification so I know to avoid it after your story?  I hope you got fed and watered alright afterwards though.  Take care.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dundee @ Mar. 10 2003,16:42)]The reply was as follows:

"I cook from fresh, You wouldn't be used to that.....so PISS OFF!"

Yes, in those exact words.

So three of us pissed off (politely).

However, the cook proceeded to add the bill for our order to Peter's bill even though not a morsel had been served.
Sorry mate, but you'd have had to pull me off the tw*t with  an attitude like that! And, I would have refused to pay the bill period had the offending nonsense not been removed.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Agree
Without harping on about it to much, theres no reason at all for that attitude from staff. Seem's to be o.k. to take money off you, but can't be civil.  I think the Scottish Tourist board should be brought up to speed on these people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts