YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone !
I confess that I have been lurking here for quite some time :embarassed: but I've finally got round to making my first post.

I've been diving for a year, having learned in sunny Dorset with my local BSAC club. Completely besotted with it; so wish I'd done it sooner but hey. I'm lucky that I live quite near the coast so once the season starts I try and get in the water as often as I can. Have had 2 trips to Sharm earlier this year to experience some blue water and colourful fishies but can't wait to get back in here at home.

Particularly interested in marine life, conservation etc; did the Seasearch Observer course a couple of weeks ago and looking forward to getting involved in that. Photography also a big hobby of mine, so getting to grips with the underwater side of things.

Have really enjoyed YD and have found so much invaluable stuff here; was a great source of information when I was started diving and had so many questions. Hope I can contribute some things in return ... !

Cheers
Jayne

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Jayne,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Welcome to the boards Jayne.

I see you are interested in diving, then YD is a good place to be ;)

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
Hello

Hello and welcome to the fun factory Jayne.

Dave

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
welcome Jayne hope you enjoy YD

I'm a little confused by
I'm lucky that I live quite near the coast so once the season starts I try and get in the water as often as I can.

what season do you mean?????

you can dive all year around the uk

regards Steven

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Steve

well, I agree that you can dive all year in the UK, but its a bit nippy when you've not yet progressed to a dry suit & are still (sometimes) shivering in a semi-dry !

I did get in on New Year's Day though :cool:

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Hi Steve

well, I agree that you can dive all year in the UK, but its a bit nippy when you've not yet progressed to a dry suit & are still (sometimes) shivering in a semi-dry !

I did get in on New Year's Day though :cool:
ok point taken
suggest you progress to a drysuit soon
and its still cold in a drysuit in winter actually not warm now!!!!

enjoy your diving

Steven

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
I was out diving today and there were a load of divers in semi drys, go get out there ant get wet - the season has started!

(I still stuck to my dry suit though)

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Hi Jayne,

Have a brill time with the forum, you will meet lots of interesting people and potential buddies too.

I have been to Sharm and am also interested in underwater photography. Practice is what is needed, I am a newbie at it too.

Good to have you onboard.

Lyv

1 - 17 of 17 Posts