YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

So this is just to say hi and introduce myself, I am jules and I have been a divaholic since I did a try dive in Jamaica two years ago. I did my open water in Vivian and my advanced in Mull a year ago. I have gone from thinking that UK diving was horrid to absolutely loving it. So here is my problem I am totally addicted but I live in Huddersfield which is about as far from the sea as you can get in the UK. I would love to go diving nearly every weekend but the opportunities dont seem to present themselves. I have been on some great trips to Mull and St.Abbs but would love to get some sundays out to the seaside for a dive with some people  who know where to go. So I am really keen to meet some new people and do some diving and have a laugh. I particularly like boat diving. Went to Mull for the music festival three weeks ago on the Jane R. It was brilliant. Massive grins.

Anyone going anywere on a sunday? Give me a shout. Hope to meet up with some of you some time. That's assuming you do actually go diving?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Jules,

You are indeed most welcome to YD!

I think we can cater for you immediate, medium and long term diving goals - no sweat. Just place your request in the 'Need a Buddy' section below and you'll get both offers and invitations to inland and sea dives, both shore and hardboat/RIB.

We cater for all types of divers: novice/newbie, advanced, 'Uber-techie' to the Rebreather crowd - any level of experience, an agency, any club. Just get in amongst it
and enjoy.

Actually, if you're up for meeting a load of us on a mass Troop Gig, we've got a team jaunt (about 30+ of us) booked diving off Angelsey on the weekend of 05th & 06th July - hardboat and shore diving. Check out 'Planned Trips' for full details. You'll be more than welcome.

Hope to see you on team jaunt soon.

Cheers,

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks Bren
Are there still places on the July Trip? I will take a look at the posting. Sounds like a laugh, do you all know each other or are there a fair amount of newbies turning up? Would I be ok for a buddy? still trying to get round this forum and see what's there..or here..you  know what I mean.
Jules

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Jules,

If you're in Hudd, then you're 15 mins from me - I'm junction 19 off the M62 (Heywood/Middleton), so not too far.

There are a number of guys and gals on the Anglesey trip who attended the 1st one we did in March this year (where we were blown out and had to put up with a weekend of riotous banter and laffs, top nosebag and one or two 'polite medium-sweet sherries' on top of the diving we did manage instead - still, helped pass the time and keep us off the streets  

Yes we can get you a buddy to suit your experience/comfort level - boat or shore. Put you name down for the trip as I'll be asking for monies from the group soon. The hard boat is booked (max 30 metres depth) and, at this rate, we may very well need another one. There is also a 'shore party' made up of Daz and his Mrs and their 'Bristol Massif' - a top crowd whom I'd quite happily dive with anywhere.

You ask do we know each other? As well as any 'met on a website and went diving together and had a blast' mob can do. All I can say is that we demand safety and a sense of humour. If you've got those two, you're queslified for the gig.

Up for it?

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi, Julia,
Welcome to YD. I see you're from Yorkshire -That's a rarity on
here!

Try a PM to Fiona B- she seems to be of a similar nature to yourself.. Bsac though...so you'd need to get over the Bsac/Padi
first, but that's what YDs all about.
ATB, Maybe see you on Anglesey sometime,
         Terry

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Jules,

Like you l have two kids (now 20 & 22yrs) who started diving when they were 12 & 14 and let me warn you its gets expensive x 3. but its still worth it.
My son has other priorities at the moment, uni & girls, but my daughter regularly buddies me, as long as l pay.

l can say that because she's still on honeymoon in South Africa and won't read this.

l am hoping she will post about her cage diving with the great white sharks when she returns.

l 've met a few guys & gals from YD the only one you need to be wary of is the wild weegie Peter K.

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (angleseydiver @ May 16 2003,23:15)]Welcome to YD. I see you're from Yorkshire -That's a rarity on
here!
ah theres the thing.. I am not actually from Yorkshire , I come from Wimbledon. Married into the clan and have lived here for 17 years so I do qualify for born again status and my Yorkshire Passport.In the process also managed to recruit my mum and sister into moving to Huddersfield so us southern shandy drinkers are definately colonising in Huddersfield!

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome.  I'm in Glasgow, so that's not much help to you!  Hope you get sorted, enjoy - we do!  Ask away, look forward to reading you on the boards.  

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ May 17 2003,17:11)]Married into the clan and have lived here for 17 years
Jules, you should have resisted more, or is this part of the greater plan.
Southerners taking over the world.!!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Howard
ive seen that dry suit at stoney is it an add for persons south of Watford gap

nigel

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

Hi Julia C

Liz & I live in Marsden, do you belong to any dive clud in hudds?

We are on the trip to angle whotzit in July, welcome aboard and safe diving.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Yes Nigel, prefer this one to Kermit.  
Heads gave me that one - I wonder if he was trying to tell me something?  
I couldn't find a frog with a crown on though.  See 'Body Art' in Surface Interval to read the reasons why and wherefor if you're particularly interested.  Dive safely.  Ribbet.  

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

Yo Dude, Them blokes from Potch is strange, real retro, they like dried raw meat and puts minced beef in their doughnuts. Honest I know you won't believe me but they make porridge out of wall paper paste and serve it on your plate instead of mash potato. Even though you have a nice cooker in the house they like to cook their food on an open fire in the garden.   If you do them a good deed they ask you to buy a donkey.  I have a lot of distant Irish/Africaaner relations over there and one of them is really quite famous and it appears I look just like him, because every where I went people would say Yomass O' Hara.
Ask your son-in-law if he knows him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts