YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi, Im a new member, and bear with me Im new to this e-boarding lark too!  Ive just taken a Discover Scuba evening, and loved it so much am signing up for the Open Water thingy asap.  
I live in east kent and have 2 teenage kids, you may guess what my job is?  Having spent alot of time doing things for other people, its now time for me, hence SCUBA!!!
I cant wait to go on diving holidays in exotic places..... like dover!
Seriously, I eventually want to do wreck diving, and preferably before I become one myself, if I can afford it!?

Wish me luck, yd's

·
Registered
105 Posts
Imported post

Hello scubanurse. I've not been long here myself and it seems a friendly place. Just don't let Gavin Yates talk to you about jam.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you may guess what my job is?
Fantastic - a quiz. Ummm, are you a freelance astronaut?

tas

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

Hi Scuba nurse,

I to are in East Kent as you put it, Live in Deal, dive and play boats out of Dover, feel free to e:mail or PM me if you want local diving questions answered

You are most welcome to come along and be a guest diver with myself ( Dover Divers ) or Paul Oliver ( Canterbury Divers ) .

I have a 41 ft had boat that offers bacon butties and as much tea / coffee as you can drink.
Paul has a selection of fast Rigid Inflatable boats but you have to take a pack lunch and a flask.

Look forward to meeting you in Dover at some time. Also Susan has just joined here and she isn't far away either.

Welcome to the boards, have fun , join in with the topics, and DON'T forget to ask any questions  however silly it may seem to you.

Andy...

UMMMMMMMMMM i feel a WDIK group coming on . ( Women Diving In Kent )

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hiya, welcome from another Southern Shandy drinking poofta and good luck, especially to your bank account, it will look like it needs a visit to A&E very soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Women Diving In Kent
That's got to be better than wreck diving.

Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD scubanurse.  Lots of new joiners at the moment and lots joining from down South so plenty of oportunities for hooking up with buddies.

Stick with it and start planning for the overdraft now.

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Names like that bring me out all Arthur Miller in his 'The Crucible' period:

"Why, itd's be a mighty fine morrow, Goody Nurse...." etc.

Welcome aboard SN......actually, can medico's qualify as SEN and SRN's?

SCUBA Enrolled Nurse and SCUBA Registered Nurse??  

Get in amongst it and see ya in the wet!

Cheers,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Aug. 27 2003,12:42)]I have a 41 ft had boat that offers bacon butties and as much tea / coffee as you can drink.
Paul has a selection of fast Rigid Inflatables

Look forward to meeting you in Dover at some time. Also Susan has just joined here and she isn't far away either.
Hey Andy, I thought I would just let you know that maggie is my best friend. So she knows I'm always there for her

Also like your reply, you do like to sell yourselves on this forum dont you, its borderline bragging  

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Scubanurse

Wecome abourd, like what Andy said about Dover, although sometimes like today you go 10.5 Nautical miles out, get 8m of vis and manage to miss the sub and dive on an empty sea bed.

Just realised while looking at my charts we dived in France today, no passports and no cheap booze, damn.

Ho Hum thats diving

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
91 Posts
Imported post

Hello Mags oops scubanurse

Glad you decided to join me on YD, I think I could do with some support, this lot seem mad.

I would like to offer to offer any advice, the problem is that I dont know anything

But if I did I would share

see ya soon dancing buddy, soon to be diving buddy

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Welcome scubamags.

(psst go any gossip on Susan? l won't tell anyone, promise)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (susan @ Aug. 27 2003,22:15)]I would like to offer to offer any advice, the problem is that I dont know anything
That doesn't stop the rest of us posting  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Hi SN

Good luck with your diving training, as mother of teens your challenge is start making them do all the work indoor whilst whilst you go off enjoying yourself diving...then tell me the secret! Enjoy

Jules

·
Registered
91 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Aug. 27 2003,22:35)](psst go any gossip on Susan? l won't tell anyone, promise)
Diving Dude, you would be wasting your time. Scubanurse has so much gossip on me that it makes me blush. However when we became friends I made her sign a confidentiality waver.
Plus as insurance, if she was thinking of dishing the dirt I have just as much on her. If she tells you mine I'll tell you hers

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Go on pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

This could get interesting.

Maybe l'll start a poll, then we could all vote, we're very democratic on this site.

You could start off with some fairly tame.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Imported post

well diving dude, come closer to the screen, I'll have to wisper! There was this time that scubanurse over stepped the boundaries of decency, we were on holiday and rather drunk oops............ Sorry the phones ringing, speak to ya later

1 - 14 of 14 Posts