YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just thought I'd say hello - the names Paul and I come from way 'down saarf' though having mates in Lancashire Im well aquainted with the delights of Capernwray!

I'm a PADI instructor who's worked abroad and in the UK though I don't profess to know it all - look forward to joining some interesting debates !!

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

Welcome on board Paul

There are many people from Lancashire on the website - some from further afield, but we all seem to get on OK.

Hope to see you soon at one of the venues.

Dive safe and ...

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

That's a simple one drift. Having spent the last 13 years wandering the planet diving, I've yet to come across one dive-centre worth the name that doesn't include some die-hard Instructor/smokers. Oh, and it's inter-agency mate, not just PADI. You should have seen the NAUI instructors in South Africa. 20-an-hour wallahs, all.

Welcome aboard Flash. Hope to see you on a wet soon and on these boards.

Take care,

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Nice to have you with us Flash!  Welcome, look forward to reading your posts!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Another Southern softie arrives - good, I was feeling lonely. I've got the Skull as well but I dont smoke at all, sorry Bren you might be wrong (that'll be a first) on this one. Paul welcome to the site, it seems a bit friendlier here, but at least we can still use the other one for a rant every now and again.
Matt

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Bin,

'Southern softies' to ranking northern machete-wielding 'bad-asses', like, say, Driftwood, are all welcome here mate. Oh, and the my posting referred to Instructors smoking and my experience of them, not the generality of this board.

Dive safe all,

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD jjflash - its a g-g-gas... (sorry, I'll get me coat"
Yeah - Instructors and smoking - works with BSAC too, obviously I'm not a proper instructor 'cos I don't "really" smoke

Regards
Steve W

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imported post

Cheeers guys - thanks for the welcome!
Hope to see some of you in the water some time, me and the 'better half' (Tara-also OWSI) are always up for a bit of a splash - makes a change from 2 meter platforms !!

May well be up for a Oban or Wastwater trip first week of Nov with our mates from Lancs anyway - be intersted if anyone else may be up for it

Dive safe
Paul

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Paulo
I'm keen for a Wasto trip - try flying a kite on the forthcoming trips board...
Oh, and it's nice to have another Paul on the site!
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts