YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all - just a quick few lines of introduction for me rather than lurking in the shadows of the board.

I've been hearing about the YD site for sometime, so thought that I would pop over and have a wee look for myself.

Funny how you can get to know folk over these forums - recognise quite a few 'names' already!!

M.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hello mirranda and welcome to the board.  where were you hearing about us?  and was it all bad!?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Hi Andy

most of what I've heard has come from YDs publicist Mr Tierney - on some of the other diving forms (DIVERNET etc).  And always wanting to increase my diving knowledge I thought I'd come and have a wee look.

M.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mirranda, welcome to our board!  Be safe!  Ribbet.  :froggy:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mirranda,

I notice from your profile that you're an Edinburgh diver.

Come and join the Scottish faction -

Edinburgh itself has me, Fi (Mrs Gavster) and Drifty with Frog, Big Steph and others over in Weegieville.

Also there are plenty of other Scottish divers who lurk on these boards (hope you're watching Graeme and Karen) to meet drink and dive with.

Also - there's the mob from doon sooth who encourage us to go and dive with them in England and we're off in a couple of weeks for a wee trip.

Take it easy and get in touch if you want to meet the Scottish Crew (Yorkshire Divers Sub-Branch)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mirranda,

welcome aboard. Good to see you come out of the shadows and take an active part on the forum.  Look forward to seeing your stuff.

I think you'll like it here.

Tim

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

Excellent!!! Welcome aboard Miranda.  Another Scottish, nae, not "just" Scottish, but another "Embra" recruit!  They are a very friendly bunch here - you'll enjoy the banter and hopefully join us for a bit of diving soon! :smile:

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mirranda,hope you get as much from the board as I have.I'm getting a bit concerned about this growing Celtic force,having said that maybe they'll invade Yorkshire again so it can't be a bad thing!!!!!!Only joking,take care all,Hobby.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Mirranda, I'm sure you'll like the amosphere here.
Re this growing "Celtic " threat and invading Yorkshire, I suppose as always its down to the Geordies to keep them at bay, ho hum...

Supposedly, the name 'Geordie' stems from a edict of one of the King Georges, ie 'cos only the Tynsiders would take on the invading Scots army, as a from of (cheap) gratitude he apparently said "I'm so pleased with the result that you can call yourself "George's People".
I think these days most Geordies would have preferred it if the line across the country from Carlisle had been drawn a bit lower down :flame: :sofa:
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Dunno about the growing "Celtic" threat - as unfortunately several of those involved, certainly in the Edberg faction, sorry - meant to say fraction - are invaders of Scootlan' fae England....

Mesel included.....

Ho hum, guess we'll just have to get on with diving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts