YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello all.  I found this site after following Bren's link from Divernet, though you seem to be much more laid back here

I am 44 years old and PADI AOW qualified, and I have been diving for 5 years.  Most of my dving has been in the UK - N. Wales, Cornwall (and Stoney
), mostly quite shallow and tame compared to a lot of you, but I enjoy it

(Edited by Druid at 7:40 pm on Dec. 31, 2002)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Druid,

No shame or blame about what depth or type of diving you do or prefer mate!! Only questions are: do you enjoy it? Do you do it safely? And when are you gonna get your arris out for a dive with the rest of us?

We can always find you a buddy - regardless of what you're into (newbie to Uber-techie or Rebreather wallah), and we don't care four-pence for which agency you're with - we accept all comers as long they're happy with the above form.

Welcome aboard mate, Happy New Year, and look foward to both reading your postings and you doing a dive sometime soon with the team. Check out the Provisional Dive Plans for 2003 in Planned Trips Forum. Don't be shy in posting your own planned dives or getting invited on any of the posted trips - whether inland, shallow, deep or pub-based - they all count! ;)

Cheers,

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hiya Druid,:wavey::wavey:
           Welcome to the laid back world of YD. The reason for this is everyone else on this forum is actually sitting in one big room being men of substances.:cool::cool::cool: My theory is the screen colour difference;D-net is a harsh angry white, YD is a nice mellow blue.
  Don't worry about the kind of diving you do, after all, a diver is a diver. I'm sure 99% of the time you'll get a sensible answer on here although there is always that 1% when things rapidly degenerate into much laughter and mirth.
Look forward to seeing your posts.
Peter(right it's time to go a get pissed)k

·
Registered
34 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Druid
you may even be the last to join this merry bunch in 2002
safe diving, always risk assess......
and I agree with PeterK, " Its time to go and get pissed"
All the best for 2003

PHB.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Cheers Pete,

Safe on the rig mate. And may all your compliment/detatchemnt of Cammachio and M Troop be sober this fine season ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Druid!
Welcome to the site mate!! As the others say "it matters not how deep the tub" as long as you get wet!
Look forward to seeing your posts!
Cheers
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts