YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello everyone. I'm a BSAC sports diver working in K.S.A but originally from county Durham (though my home is now Newcastle). I am interested in doing wreck dives and my first post has just been submitted to the wreck dive forum. Hope someone out there can give me some useful advice.
Thanks in advance.  Trevor

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Hi Trevor!

Sure you'll be able to find out and dive plenty of wrecks with some of the boys (and girls o'course!) on here - meself I'm a fish prodder....

Good luck, glad to have you on here

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Trev
AFAIK I'm the only other Tynesider(Gateshead)on YD, not quite enough for a Geordie Faction, like Drifty I'm more of a fish-prodder than a wreckie but I've done a few of the NE wrecks as part of the local REDS scheme
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Trevor,

I met a guy called Richard in Oman a couple of years back who lives in Jeddah on the Saudi Red Sea coast. He's diving every weekend out there and loves it. Ever considered that?? Just a thought, or would it be like a busman's holiday for you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Hi Bren,
 I used to work in Oman too but wasn't a diver then. I've been across to the Red Sea a couple of times with guys from our club. We stay at the Al Bilad hotel which has its own private beach complete with dive shop. There's a superb wall a few metres from shore covered in coral with tons of fish. I'd love to work over there so I could dive every weekend in the Red Sea but my company doesn't have any jobs for me over there.  We have our own beach here too but it is only 7 metres complete with sandy bottom.  We've sunk several vehicles which attract a fair bit of fish life but obviously the Red Sea is far superiour.  However, at least it means we can dive every weekend or most afternoons if we want to although it is a bit chilly now and I'll be wearing my 3mill for the first dive of the new year next weekend.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi & welcome.  Steve W isn't the only Tynesider on the forum.  I'm one too!  I'll get you later Steve W!  Dive safely, take care.  Ribbet.  :froggy:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Frog , I keep forgetting you're from round here, what with you being a member of the Jockanese contingent ;)
Chee-az
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts