YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi

I have been reading the board for a while and Bren has asked me to introduce myself. So here goes...

I am a BSAC Sports Diver & Adv. Nitrox (3 training dives from Dive Leader) and have been openwater qualified about a year.
In the past year I have dived Red Sea, Farnes, St Abbs, Oban, and many times off Brid Coast in the club Rib (not forgetting the numerous trips to Stoney, Capernwray, and the memorable trip to Ellerton Park on 30th December (5 degreesC Brrrr!) with over 50 dives logged.

I am based in Goole and so am a true Yorkshire Diver.  This year I am doing a liveaboard in Red Sea as well as planned trips to Farnes and St Abbs (up to now). I try to dive as often as possible and am at Stoney on Sunday 26th.

I am interested in doing some more technical diving and hope to take the DIRF course in March. My cunning!? plan was to get the course out the way and then see if there were any likeminded divers on the board to team up with for some diving. I dive a Halcyon Pioneer BP/Wing and Long Hose (mostly DIR type) setup. I have owned a Mares Hub AvantaGarde in the past (Boo Hiss !!)

I am aspiring to a twinset about August time (gotta save up a bit) and then hope to do some TDI/GUE trimix courses once I've got used to it a bit. Oh Yeah, I'm a TDI Nitrox Blender.

I think that covers it all. Brens welcoming intervention has foiled my cunning plan and so I look forward to meeting up on some of your dives if you'll have me.

Kindest Regards

Andy

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hello and welcome.  I expect you'll be able to go on the YD gigs, I haven't been as yet, courtesy of dates.  I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself - I will when I can get around to going on one.  Take care and be safe.  Ribbet.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Andy,

Welcome to YD and absolutely no worries mate - please consider yourself invited on any of the posted dive trips you see!! Infact, we're off to St Abbs this weekend if you want to scrub Stoney and hook up with a bunch of Halcyon-wing-wearing wallahs with a 'DIR/DIR-ish mindset and dive rig'. You'd be more than welcome. If you're up for it, give me a shout on TEL: 07764 - 174647 and I'll tell you where we can meet. We're going up tonight, FYI.

A goodly number of us on here are all TDI Advanced Nitrox cert'd and if you're in need/search of TDI's Regional Director & Instructor Trainer, then you just found him - Andy (DALESDIVER) Hayhurst or, our Tech Moderator on YD. He will be happy to discuss any of your diving requirements, aspirations and options in Tec or Rec diving.

Failing that, keep you eyes peeled for any trips in the 'Planned Trips' section and just invite yourself along mate - it's that easy!

Take it easy and I hope to meet you soon for a dive.

Cheers,

·
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks Bren & Frog for the friendly welcome

Bren, Would love to join you but only have Sunday free.

Will keep a lookout on the board though and perhaps join you next time.

Kindest Regards

Andy

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Andy - we'll be diving on Sunday too.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

No Worries Andy,

St Abbs, Anglesey, Oban and Mull be be on the menu alot this year, so look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts