YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello all,

Greetings from Mauritius. I know that's not the most southerly southern shandy drinker you've got here, but it's got to help the average right?

I've been "lurking" for a while through not having anything intelligent to say. Still don't have anything intelligent to say, but then I noticed that someone else had nicked my real name, "Tom" on the flimsiest of grounds, I suppose, that it's his name too, so I thought I'd better get in amongst it before it's too late.

Qualified in June as BSAC Ocean Diver, now 19 dives in so still got my L plates on I guess.

best wishes

tas

PS Thank you all for keeping me informed and entertained when I should be working!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Aug. 04 2003,13:46)]Hi Tas, well... if you were posting to make us jealous, you've succeeded

OK lads YD Troop gig to Maritius, I'm sure Tas won't mind the great unwashed crashing at his place  
Jealous?

Last weekend all diving around the whole island was cancelled because the sea was too rough, and it snowed on the nearby island of Reunion. Meanwhile, back in Blighty it's 30+ degrees!

All YD's very welcome here. The Mauritius Underwater Group, MUG, has a BYO bbq every Tuesday night. We're technically BSAC, but in fact we don't give a stuff as long as you dive safe.

However, if you're going to come and stay there are 2 conditions: you have to bring Digger as the man needs to get out of Stoney, and you can't bring anyone else called Tom (

).

best wishes,

tas

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Aug. 05 2003,00:31)]OK, there's a little rule I have that has been introduced on another thread. From now on, you will ave to refer to Mauritius as Grimsby. When you tell us about your nice diving, I like to pretend that everyone else's highlight of the week was seeing a perch in Stoney Cove, or that they actually found the wreck in 2m viz on a boat out of the north of england.

Please help to reduce the sadness in this little Diggery heart by pretending. Just for me. Then we can be friends.
Digger,

Not Grimsby, Margate  
(already visited that thread)

can we be friends now?  

tas

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Aug. 05 2003,13:40)]Right OK! From now on Tom you're called Bob. Just to keep Tas, or is it Tom, happy.

Peter
Now we're farming.

I'd heard that YD was a friendly bunch, but to go so far as to change somebody else's name just to make a new arrival happy - that's quality.

Peter, I'd go so far as to say that you are a real Scot!

tas

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

All right - enough already. "Samantha" sounds nice, but better for a woman I think.

"Tas" it is, and tat's enough of tat.

sorry, <s>bob</s>Tom

tas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.