YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Hello

999 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ancl 
#1 ·
Imported post

Hi

Just found this site, just signed up and thought I'd introduce myself .....

Halfway through my PADI OW course, doing Open Water dives 1 & 2 this weekend at Gildenburgh, at least the weathers going to be nice !!

Back to lurking..... ( and practicing no mask breathing with snorkel in the kitchen sink !! )

ancl

#2 ·
Imported post

Hi ancl,

Snorkelling in the sink - now that's dedication mate, good for you!

Welcome to the site, enjoy it - everyone's friendly, no agency partisanship (BSAC vs PADI etc), no-one gets slagged for asking so-called 'daft' questions (cos if you're asking, it's not daft!), so just jump in, if you'll forgive the pun :-D

Hope you enjoy the rest of you OW - see you around the board,
Dave.

#4 ·
Imported post

* Raises head from sink, removes snorkel and types <G>

Thanks for the replies, will have a proper look around the board tomorrow while at work :)

* Back to sink, remembering to remove the washing up this time !

#5 ·
Imported post

Welcome aboard , The more experienced of us practice in the bath as it is more of a deep dive than the kitchen sink.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your OW and go on to become an addict like the rest of us!
Jules

#6 ·
Imported post

Welcome Ancl,

Now come on not too much lurking...  Having your head in the sink is a pretty good excuse though.

And when you do move onto the bath, make sure you start in the shallower end first  

Somehow I have a feeling you are well on your way to addiction already.

Daz

#7 ·
Imported post

Watch out for forks! With no mask on you could get into the incident report!

"OW student injured in kitchen sink!" I can see it now. Giving diving a bad name.

Seriously, welcome and enjoy. And before you get too confused by other posts, when we say "Hull" we mean egypt. It's a long story. I have to face the truth.

#9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Aug. 06 2003,22:35)]Welcome aboard , The more experienced of us practice in the bath as it is more of a deep dive than the kitchen sink.
I tried that Julia, but I kept getting shouted at for removing the Brass taps.

Welcome to the boards ancl and feel free to ask any questions about your course. I'm sure someone will help.

Peter

#10 ·
Imported post

ancl

Welcome to the friendliest forum around.  Enjoy - ask all the questions you need - the answers will be numerous and, unfailingly, on the button.

Digger, when I say that I am going to Hull I really, really mean that I am going to ............... Hull!

Best wishes and safe diving.

#11 ·
Imported post

Got bored snorkelling in the sink so decided to retire to the bathroom and practice mask flooding and clearing, with the aim to improve my confidence / reduce the risk of freaking out.

Yep this thing is addictive.

Got the final knowledge review tonight and the test, will post after Saturday on the general forum the outcome of the OW dives, dives 3 + 4 are due later in August.

Oh well back to work !! ancl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.