YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello Yorkshire divers
I hear much about your site and wish to learn from all this ability here. My name is Pierre, from Switzerland, but I have come to study in UK and would like to dive here when my works permit me. Sadly I have to work many hours for my english is not so great as I need it to be, but I have time to read and learn. I think my english is sufficient for your forum but I hope you will be patient if it is not.

At home I learn to dive with PADI but since this summer I have been in UK and have heard now a little about a way of diving called DIR but it is not so popular as PADI? Yet you here seem to know much about it where it has own section.
I hope you will help me to learn more.

A bientôt!  
Pierre

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Pierre,

Your english is if I may say excellent, much better than my effort at your mother tongue.  

The DIR information is very interesting and there are lots of good ideas but the mainstream agencies such as PADI, BSAC, ScotSAC etc are very, very prominant on yorkshire divers and we don't argue too much  

Feel free to ask any questions no matter how stupid it might seem.
Afterall he who asks a question may feel foolish for 5 minutes, he who does not ask will feel foolish for a lifetime.

Daz

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Pierre and welcome to YD.

If you want to learn about diving then this is the place to be - I've picked up so much in the last few months. Take a look at the DIR section and ask away; the guys there will look after you and let you know what it's all about. But don't leave it at that - I'm sure there's plenty more here to interest you.

I see from your profile that you're in North Wales. A few of us dive regularly around Anglesey (or at least as often as we can). Why not come along on a dive sometime?

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pierre

Welcome to the boards and i hope you enjoy.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Pierre,

Just to agree with the others and say 'Hi and Welcome to YD!'

Hope you enjoy the site and please feel free to invite yourself onto any of the dive trips you see posted here.

Cheers et Merci!

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Bonjour Pierre,

et bienvenue...je suis aussi suisse, mais suisse allemande, de schaffhouse...

moray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts