YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

Just to introduce myself - I did OW on holiday in Santorini, Greece a couple of years ago and really liked it but considered diving to be only a holiday activity. Did a few dives again in Greece last year, but fatally for my bank balance I've just been out to Sharm for a week. Did my AOW, and really, really got the bug. Bought a load of gear before going out there and have now also invested in an O'Three dry suit and have the training this Saturday at Horsea Island!

Based in Southampton, but if it helps I went to uni in Leeds  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aspender @ Feb. 17 2004,16:10)]Did my AOW, and really, really got the bug.
<font color='#000080'>and now say goodbye to your disposable income  
 which must be pretty impressive if you've rushed out and bought an o'three! can i be your friend?  

oh, and your employers can say goodbye to any more work out of you now that you've found this site...

welcome to YD, home of the work-shy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Imported post

welcome oh well travelled one im just new here today and the place seems to be crawling with nutters so i hope you purchased the biggest baddest dive knife instore to fend them off i've lost the plot already i think they were chatting up another newby called daz or was that sarah i dont know they look the same to me happy diving long distance dive buddy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate R @ Feb. 17 2004,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (aspender @ Feb. 17 2004,16:10)]Did my AOW, and really, really got the bug.
and now say goodbye to your disposable income  
 which must be pretty impressive if you've rushed out and bought an o'three! can i be your friend?  

oh, and your employers can say goodbye to any more work out of you now that you've found this site...

welcome to YD, home of the work-shy
Having spent the last couple of days lurking on here, I've read pretty much all of the last 20 pages of the equipment forum. Not on work time of course...

Does help that my manager is about to head off for a three month round-the-world-diving sabattical and has agreed that I can attend a first aid at work course knowlingly on the premise that I want it solely to get my Rescue Diver  

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>You can't beat work related training courses that can be used for diving.

Fill ya boots!

Oh, and welcome to the most excellent diving web-site in the world(?)???

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Aidy,

Welcome to YD mate. Get in amongst it and enjoy!

Cheers,

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

welcome aboard matey
jules:D

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the boards, i hope you enjoy and learn from them.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>welcome to yd.
cheers
barrie

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Well welcome from another warm water only holiday diver....

and then it get's you  

I hope you get hooked on UK diving as much as I did.

Daz

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome to YD from one of the sweaty sock section. Hope you enjoy your stay with us. This is truely a great site. Hope to meet up and say his sometime. Get along to Stoney on Saturday if your from near there.

Dave C

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Cheers for the welcome all. I look forward to many hours of intense discussions about hose lengths and the best material for bolts

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>I too started off in warm blue waters, now I "enjoy" the delights of UK diving with the rest of these nutters!
welcome!
Blanaid

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aspender @ Feb. 18 2004,14:36)]Cheers for the welcome all. I look forward to many hours of intense discussions about hose lengths and the best material for bolts
<font color='#000080'>You must be thinking of another site. Here it's women's underwear, jam and penguin bashing!

(Often all at the same time!    
 )

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Your disposable income is now well and truly desposed.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

On occassions, we've been known to talk about marmite as well.  Fantastic stuff.

Welcome!

dan.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Welcome to the SSD's   Southern Shandy Drinkers

Come to Dover, we will change ya clear / warm water diving attitude.

have fun on the boards and try  to learn something important , rather than being a PREV like most

Andy

the non clear / warm water diver.

ps ,,, Just remember this BEST bit of advise from a wise old diver ''''''''' If you dive in shit VIZ , you find more goodies  '''''''''

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Feb. 18 2004,21:17)]Welcome to the SSD's   Southern Shandy Drinkers
FFS, Shandy??  What Andy really  means is welcome to YD from the SDE's Southern Doughnut Eaters, not friggin' shandy drinkers!!!

If you fancy a top quality doughnut do not come out diving with us on Andy's boat. However if all you want is a decent wreck in the sub-tropical waters of the old channel, then join us for a dive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts