YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Afternoon all,

Just wanted to say a quick hello to anyone here.

I have no idea what YD is about yet. I just came here from a link on Divernet and thought 'what the hell...'

Anyway, newbie in more ways than one..newly qualified along with my other half...actually, strictly speaking, we have 4 dives to do at Stoney Cove first but we have both dived before and it shouldn't be a problem..

Really excited about the whole diving lark and wished I had discovered it years ago..

Spent loads on getting kitted out as we are both in this for the long term...don't want to be one of those 'all the gear, no idea..' kind of people and am looking to learn all the time...

I guess that's enough for now..

I'll post when I have something sensible / amusing / relevant to say...

All the best,

RB

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Ohh! Am I first! Sorry Bren & Porg.

Well Ratbag, you have come to the right place, feel free to ask, as there is no such thing as a silly question!

Welcome to YD

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ratbag,
I am sure the rest of the welcoming committee will be along in a while, welcome aboard

jules

·
2i/C 'Bristol Massive'
74 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ratbag - welcome to the boards.  Stoney is a great place to do your OW dives - although it is a trek for us, I love going there.  Keep your eye out for the up and coming trips and if you ever need a buddy, just post a message on the boards and I am sure someone will be diving in your area.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks to those who have replied so far.

I have to go at 5.30 but am looking forward to meeting more of you 'virtually' and maybe at some time, in the flesh...:D

Just as a bit more info, we are going to Gozo in June to do our AOW and then maybe a 1 day dive in Looe...after that, we have managed to get a week in Tenerife...(still awaiting confirmation)...

So, with a bit of luck we will have logged a good few dives by the end of the year...

Cheers for now..

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Ratbag,
Hello and welcome, I am also a PADI OW diver.
The people on here are very welcoming. You may well want to have a look at the planned trips section and see if there is anything on there that you fancy once you've done your qualifiying dives.
People here will soon let you know if they consider a dive to be suitable/unsuitable for someone of your level.

Welcome to the world of YD

Simon A

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ratbags

Welcome to YD, a far better, and less political site than Divernet. Unless your SAA, or BSAC, and those PADI people, talking of which - TDI - who are they? and anyone French, or slightly tanned, you can't trust folk with squints either. Sod this, I'm back off to Paranoia.com, at least they know I'm comming for them.

James  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey RB,

Welcome again! Good luck with the four dives and hope to see you and your other half out with us soon on a wet!

Cheers,

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ratbag welcome to the nuthouse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ratbag @ Mar. 02 2004,16:43)]I'll post when I have something sensible / amusing / relevant to say...
Why wait? this doesn't stop the rest of us from posting.  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ratbag @ Mar. 02 2004,17:23)]...after that, we have managed to get a week in Tenerife...(still awaiting confirmation)...
you will love the diving in Tenerife, we took loads of pics and the viz was really good. fantastic atlantic rays too!
enjoy

jules

·
Registered
105 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ratbag @ Mar. 02 2004,20:43)]I'll post when I have something sensible / amusing / relevant to say...
bollocks to that...send it to me and I'll use it, I've been trying to think of something along these lines for months.

tas

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Mar. 02 2004,19:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ratbag @ Mar. 02 2004,17:23)]...after that, we have managed to get a week in Tenerife...(still awaiting confirmation)...
you will love the diving in Tenerife, we took loads of pics and the viz was really good. fantastic atlantic rays too!
Hello RatBag,

Welcome to YD  

Yes, I must agree with Julia; Tenerife has good vis, great swimthroughs and lovely, deep, clear water. There beer is cheap too! I'm sure you'll have a great time out there.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi ratbag,

Welcome to YD and feel free to get involved and start asking questions or putting your views forward.

If you get chance, hook up with some of us on a planned trip,  they are normally lots of fun and you are guarenteed to meet some great characters.

Daz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts