YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi

I've been reading the forums for some time, never posted anything though (my fault!) Some excuse is that I'm not English and still struggling with the language (sorry for mistakes!).

I used to be a climber for many years, was a member of a top team. When I moved to England 3 years ago (I'm teaching maths at the Nottingham Trent University) I decided to try something else and started diving. I am pretty much obsessed with it now! I did ER last year and hope to do trimix this summer.

Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Alex,

Your English is just fine mate - indeed, better than some of the alleged 'native' speakers on these boards

Glad to have you aboard YD. Please feel free to join in and come on a dive(s) with us soon - see Planned Trips. You'd be more than welcome.

Oh, and I think Digger (he's also on here) has some connection to Trent Uni Diving SAC, so you might want to hook-up with him and join his half-squadron of divers!

Cheers,

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum.  They allow frogs on here, so you'll be well at home!  Dive safely.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Hi Alex

both myself and digger are Notts Uni (amongst others, there are several of the nott uni posse on YD in various guises.........)

Drop us a line some time if you fancy a dive or sign yourself up for one of the trips in the offing

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Hi alex
welcome to yd, hope to see you on a trip some time. do you still climb?
jules

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Hello matey, nice to virtually meet you-do i take it you are Russian or Eastern European from your profile?

Good to have you here

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Thanks everybody

Yes, I'm Ukrainian, and no, I don't climb now- my physical,  financial and time resources don't allow this unfortunately

See you sometime
Alex

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Ztrastveetye Sasha!

Hope you find it fun here on YD, I do, but then, I have a fish that barks!

See you around.

James  

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>alex,
welcome to yd and your english certainly beats the crap out of my ukrainian........

cheers
barrie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts