YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've just come back from diving in Malta, what a lovely place!
Met a guy who told me all about this site, looks like a really good forum for diving eh? Good way to stay in touch with people.

(Steve, if you're reading this, please please dont forget to upload those dive photos!! they'l be the only piccies i have!!! :teeth: )

Havent been diving for long (since last November) but definitely got the bug :teeth: , its got to be the best thing i'v ever started.

Anyway, nice to be here

Carly

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello

Hi Carly and welcome to YD. Its a great place to keep in touch with the diving community.

Where did you dive in Malta?

Stefe diving

SteveM
(not the Steve you met in Malta lol)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe,

well, was doing deep and wreck specialties, so i got some great dives in, also the deepest i'v been so far, it was a lot to take in after the brown shades of the uk in winter eh?!
We went to weid il zurried (loverly), the Rozi, a little tug boat of cirkewwa (dont know if you'v been to these places) the HMS mouri, another wreck i'v forgotten the name of in valetta - water a bit polluted - and the el faroud has to be the best! the big tanker off zurried. so peaceful.

excellent holiday, and somehow managed to have plenty of time to see the family over there!!!

·
Banned
53 Posts
welcome to yd
sounded like you had a great holiday with great diving thrown in.
must put it on my list of forthcoming holiday destinations especially if
the family can keep busy as well :)

Take care
SallyUK

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely recommend it! Good for the family, and cheap. Owra has all the hotels..

to avoid crowds, i'd go april may, or september october for bathwater sea temperatures.

Seek out Maltaqua in St Paul's Bay for diving - very friendly and responsible.

You will enjoy...

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
You weren't with that gaggle of 18 that came over to dive the Karwella last Monday were you?

I thought we were being invaded :eek:mg:

Welcome, by the way!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You weren't with that gaggle of 18 that came over to dive the Karwella last Monday were you?

I thought we were being invaded :eek:mg:

Welcome, by the way!
He he he,

no, I was invading the island on my own!! :teeth:
18!!!! thats a lot of bubbles..

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hi Carly

Thanks for being my dive guide in Malta, great dives and a great buddy.

Take it easy over here, 30m is a lot further when its dark, but am sure you will do well.

Personally i would recommend doing some of the shallow stuff in and around portland to get you used to what the UK sea can be like.

Everything is up in the air with my dad at the moment, but i would happily buddy with you once i know what day of the week it is!

Note for everyone else:
Carly may not have that many dives but she is by no means a newbie, very good diver and looks very comfortable in the water. Give her 6mths and i'll put a fiver that she will be wanting a set of twins and a stage :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts