YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Just joined and wanted to say hello. I'm 36 and BSAC trained some 15 years ago. After a long time away from diving I recently did my PADI open water but struggling with one or two things. Anyway hope you're all well.

Knotsayn

AKA Mark

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the site. Any questions you have, post them on here. You'll receive lots of help, and it may offer an alternative POV to your training, which may help clarify a point.

Have a look around, this site is teaming with info.

Dave C

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Mark,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards and good luck with sorting out the couple of things.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey Mark, good to see you, hope you have a good time on here. Also the guys and girls on here are very knowledgable and have a shed load of experiences between em. If you have any questions that need answering at least a few people will have an answer for you, might not be the same answer but you can always try everything and see what works for you, thats probably the best thing about being on here.

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Hello, Good Evening and Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

It wouldn't do you any harm to ask about your "couple of problems" you might get some help from they who know!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the ocean Mark.

To be accepted here, you only have to remember one thing and that is that this guy shags chickens and when they've got a headache ducks!

Hi Mark,

a warm welcome to YD,*********then boring feckin b*ll*cks**************** out the couple of things.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the ocean Mark.

To be accepted here, you only have to remember one thing and that is that this guy shags chickens and when they've got a headache ducks!
That's fowl :D and an eggageration :D

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Balls

Thanks for all the replies folks. Re: the "Couple of things" I managed to snort some water in my pool training during mask clearence/removal and have now convinced myself I cannot do it. I flatly refused in the open water session at Capernwray. Anyway working on the problem and trying to grow a pair of balls.

Knotsayn

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Thanks for all the replies folks. Re: the "Couple of things" I managed to snort some water in my pool training during mask clearence/removal and have now convinced myself I cannot do it. I flatly refused in the open water session at Capernwray. Anyway working on the problem and trying to grow a pair of balls.

Knotsayn
It happened to me as well, I found it helpful to blow out of my nose when I removed the mask, and not to try an clear it with one big blow rather a couple of smaller ones. This has the added effect of slowing the process down which can reduce the risk of mishaps IMO

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mask Removal

Steve,
I know exactly what your'e saying. I've got a couple of sessions in the pool next Tues/Wed and then it's make or break at Capernwray on the 23rd, 24th. I must say as an aside, my instructor has been great.

I take onboard what you're saying Steve, the slower the better but difficult when all you want to do is get the F*****G thing back on.

Thanks for your help Bud.

Mark

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Mark
Welcome to YD :teeth:
Its practice practice practice and eventually it will come right and in time you will look back and laugh at yourself and at how you faffed about.

Did I meet you at Capers in the queue a few weeks ago you was in a white van? Or is that a different guy?

Yaz

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Steve,
I know exactly what your'e saying. I've got a couple of sessions in the pool next Tues/Wed and then it's make or break at Capernwray on the 23rd, 24th. I must say as an aside, my instructor has been great.

I take onboard what you're saying Steve, the slower the better but difficult when all you want to do is get the F*****G thing back on.

Thanks for your help Bud.

Mark
No worries, good luck and try to relax and not think about it being make or break situation.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Yaz,

You got me. The van's not mine though.

Knotsayn

P.S Did'nt nick it.
Hiya Mark
Glad to hear you didnt nick the van lol. I am glad you took my advise and joined YD it really is the fountain of knowledge.
Today on both my dives I managed to hold my 6 metre stops for the first time in months and I dive every weekend, but I didnt give up I just kept at it. Lots of it was psychological as soon as i hit 6 metres I would say I bet I go up now! Thanks to all my buddies patience and they finish their dives with me watching from above.

From chatting with you I am sure you will do this as you seem a very determined person.

Keep us up to date with the news on how ya get on.

Yaz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts