YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello, i am a novice diver just finished my PADI Open Water and i am looking for patient buddies to team up at Stoney or Capenwray any weekend so i can get some diving experience in.  Looking to get as many dives in as poss before i go on holiday in May.  Any help will be appreciated.  

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Hello Balders.

Where you from then?  Trouble is weekends at Stoney and Crappers are worth avoiding if at all possible!  If you can do midweek then i get away most weeks at the moment.

andy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Cheers guys i am based in Leeds and i can do Mondays. I need a couple of days warning so i can rent some gear till i buy my own.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Weekends can be a bit busy at Stoney as I'm sure you have already gathered, however I suppose thats when most of us arent at work so catch 22 really. Its a bit chilly there at the moment 3.5 - 5 c I am told. Dry suit and winter regs being obvious. You may have a problem renting a dry suit unless you hold a badge or are doing a course. Unless you have your own. I think there;s one for sale on the equip page at a nice price. No its not mine.
I'd be happy to pootle round on a Sunday with you and we can get lost together if you can give me a couple of weeks notice.
Matt

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

balders i'm near you in dewsbury. give us a shout soon on 07779 834829.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

Hi Balders,
I was at stoney on friday and the temp was 3.5deg so I would definitely use a drysuit I can manage midweek so mail me when you fancy a dip.

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Balders

I dive midweek sorry did i say dive I should have said splash about in the water send me an e mail for any mid week dates

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imported post

I can do Mondays, given a couple of days notice. I live in Bingley. Been to Capernwray today. We more or less had it to ourselves. Ring me on 07751656023, say on a Thursday or Friday.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

At stoney this sunday - 16th March. if your up for it give us an email or call / txt. 07968 327 355. Should be 4 or 5 Yders there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Ben, are you thinking of crashing at my place for the stoney gig? If so let us know...I could do with a dip in the cove...maybe get the miisus and the kids over for lunch?
ring us tonight...i know yer tried last night but it was yer sisters burfday
cheers Nige

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Its called shifts we work when you sleep we dive when you work

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Hi balders - I`m up for Cape on Sun 23rd - anyone else out there/then ??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts