YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I started my resettlement this weekend and Ive passed:teeth: .
So thats it I'm now a card collecting/snorkel wearing PADI Rescue diver, crossing over from BSAC Sport Diver
A big thanks to all the staff at Fathom and Blues in Portland, Dale, Ron, and Andy our Instructor not to mention Alex and Ian our ever helpfully??? DM trainees.
But the fun Don't stop there people, i now start my Dive Master training a week on Monday so people be afraid, I've got a snorkel and I'm not afraid to use it:redface:
P.s Thanks to Scubee for being an excellent casualty.

·
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone
I'm still BSAC and will be finishing off my DL as well
The snorkel will be for ceremonial purposes only, or if I'm being assessed.
No i wont be using it on Friday.
And i think I'll be the only DMT going through with a twinset.

·
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm gonna take a photo an' write to PADI an' tell...
Friday I'm a sports diver, i wont have my cert card by then, i may bring it down and see if i can beat your record for diving the pier using one instead of your reg.....hehe:teeth:

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Congratulations, Dave. it was a nice rescue... at least, i don't have black eyes or any bruises from my rescue from the depths of Portland Harbour.
Thankfully, there were no tongues in th rescue breaths ;)

p.s. it was only on the way out that they asked me to play the victim, so i had to borrow a snorkel from one of my group!

·
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.