YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
dedicated shirker
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres a test for you.. i took a pic of a fish today and never knew what it was..so on checking my book when i got home ..found out it was a john dory..now the test is..can someone get it a bit clearer without so much green..or suggest a cheap prog ( free would be ace ) that does it for me

here is pic

·
Tonton Flaneur
649 Posts
Good spot. Is it very small or very far away? Looking at the size of the kelp? it looks tiny. How big was it?
Not sure about cheap photo fix software. Did the camera come with any? The packaged software seems to be getting better all the time.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Try to play with the levels. Ad some red I think will get rid of some green. In lightroom you will still have the original picture. so it is quite safe to play.

(Sorry I have highjacked Daniels log in.)
Have fun
Maria

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not sure if this is much better -

but it does meet your criteria of being free! It's done with Picasa (free from Google), just by hitting the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

It would have been possible to get the colour better if there had been an area of grey or white - use the "Neutral Colour Picker" on those areas and it often does quite a good job of getting the colour right.

Picasa isn't an all singing all dancing tool by any means - but it is quick, simple - and free!

·
All we wanted was a home... Manics
4,553 Posts
I had a mess in lightroom for you - but the original is slightly out of focus - do my best -

odd looking fish though aren't they - I used to see loads of them off Prthkerris beach shore dive

PS - there is a free prog called GIMP that is useful here (not that type of gimp!!! :D)

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts

·
dedicated shirker
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok been playing with lightbox and best i can do is

i know its out of focus a bit but i was so shocked to see the blinking thing up here :embarasse

·
Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi.
It looks like a John Dory, did it have a big spot just behind the gill cover?.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi picture from google

John Dory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts