YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Hello,

Really need some help with some links / names and details on good hardboat skippers that have been tried and tested.

Filey bay / Bridlington to do the Mongolian

Edingburgh Forth skippers

Anglesey. Has anyone got scotts details or anyone else good.

Weymouth / s coast to do mid channel stuff, only got skin deeps so far.

Cheers for all help

Ben

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Scott Waterman advertises in the dive mags.  His phone number is 01248 716923 after speaking to him on Saturday he is booked up for every weekend next year except May Bank holiday, at least that is what he told me.

Fiona

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Steve, jobs 99% sorted, last interview tomorrow, cheeky, thats why im getting organised. Youll piss yourself when i tell u what it is!

cheers fi

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Oct. 22 2003,12:56)]Shouldn't you be looking for a job instead of galavanting off diving with Mr Yates et al?
<font color='#000F22'>Steve,

I resent the implication that I'm galavanting around the UK diving  whilst you're stuck in a tedious job of mind-crushing regularity.

Sometimes I go to the pub instead of diving.  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Ben,

For Anglesey Scott's boat Quest is good (has a lift and very quick) but you could also try Elfyn and Terry (Yellow Butty Box and Anglesey Diver here on the boards) who have a boat out of Amlwch. I dived with them a couple of times this year and Elfyn even put a trip together for three of us at a day's notice - very accomodating.

Good luck with that last interview - drop me a line if you think you need any pointers.

(Oohh - what a giveaway!)

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ben,

I put your queston to my dive club and I found out this:

>As far as I know, Cam Small (Aquatrek) is the only >commercial diver hardboat
>working the Forth out of North Berwick
>http://www.aquatrek.demon.co.uk/
>
>Gary Lawson runs a RIB from North Berwick
>http://www.divesafariscotland.com
>
>and there are the two guys over at Anstruther but I don't >have their names just now. Try phoning XXXX etc..

I'll try the other two he mentioned and get back if they can help. Hope this is of help Ben,

Dave C

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Oct. 22 2003,14:30)]For Anglesey Scott's boat Quest is good (has a lift and very quick) but you could also try Elfyn and Terry (Yellow Butty Box and Anglesey Diver here on the boards) who have a boat out of Amlwch. I dived with them a couple of times this year and Elfyn even put a trip together for three of us at a day's notice - very accomodating.
Would definately second that vote of confidence for Elfyn and Terry's boat the JulieAnn, we had a great weekend on the YD gig in may (see trip reports) , skippers very knowledgable, helpful and nice little boat.

[email protected]

Jules

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Re Weymouth:I used the Tango earlier in the year.Good skipper nice boat with hydraulic lift.
skipper- Phil Corban  01305 774266  mob- 07780 702349
www.tangoofweymouth.co.uk

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Ben I think I've got an idea from summat Gav said recently, in which case it'll probably be good for a few years while you're young, but speak to my mate who's been doing it for over 15 years.

Gav - from all those stuck at work right now: "We hate you
"

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>tell me about it. Will end up looking as old as Gav is now when im fiffty.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Oct. 22 2003,14:30)]Ben,

Good luck with that last interview - drop me a line if you think you need any pointers.

(Oohh - what a giveaway!)
Ben mate,

don't tell me you're joining the Klan!!?  

Serioulsy, I can heartily recommend Elfyn and Terry's outfit (top boat, hot-drinks, microwave to cook-yer-puds etc.); specially designed-for-diver's-arses sitting area (with or without cylinder-boots), decent head (ooh-err-matron) and acres of kitting up area etc.

Here ya go, we had a top weekend with Elfyn and Terry (who are both divers!) and they can recommend dive sites/wrecks etc. to suit every taste:

Dive Anglesey – 38ft hard boat “Julie-Anne”, Skipper Elfyn Jones, TEL: 01407-831210, mobile 07768-863355

Julie-Anne Charters
Bryneleth
3 Peniel Square
Amlwch Port
Anglesey
LL68 9HG

Fill yer boots.

PS: I'm getting strong intimations from this thread that Gav may have hurt his leg(s)?? Can someone please give me the latest?? If this is the case, I can whole-heartedly condone such regular trips to the nearest hostelry....purely for medicinal purposes, you nderstand  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Oct. 23 2003,17:43)]PS: I'm getting strong intimations from this thread that Gav may have hurt his leg(s)?? Can someone please give me the latest?? If this is the case, I can whole-heartedly condone such regular trips to the nearest hostelry....purely for medicinal purposes, you nderstand  
Hi Bren,
         The poor wee soldier slipped getting out of his rowing boat in Scapa and hurt his little leggie. 12/20(depends on which of his posts you read) stitches later and the brave lad got a lollypop from the nice, kind Orkney Doctor.

Peter

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I can now confirm there were 18 stitches - I didn't look that intently when they put them in. But I did count them coming out yesterday. Thanks you for your kind concern Bren and Peter the fine doctor in Orkney was indeed both professional and compassionate to this Englishman.

I would hope that a soap-dodging, cave dwelling weegie like yourself would get the same treatment.

BTW - What was the score last night? Bad game didn't know who I hated the most.

And Bren I have been taking medicine for my complaint and I can heartily recommend the Bruichladdich and Caol Isla this week.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>aye bren, dont ask, as off december anyone living near middletons gonna be in trouble.  

The story of Gavs leg involves an eejit in scapa,  that cant get of the boat but can sustain a fairly nasty wound without whinging.

The best bit about it is you should of seen the great dressing I gave it!!!!!! All the kit and no idea when it comes to medicine!!!!

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Right, if you're going out of Brid or Anglesey then let me know - I've lots of holiday left to take before the end of the year.

Mondays and Fridays after I get back from the Red Sea would be good.

Tim

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>tim, im sat on my arse doing nowt till december, (so whats new) the more mid week diving the better, less traffic, less divers and usually cheaper  

1 - 20 of 29 Posts