YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
death is certain life is not!
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody got any o2 clean stickers. i got some off here a few years ago
i need them for some second hand cylinders that are brand new well a few months old but clean i need 5

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Shops aren't daft either, they can spot them and a few I know will knock them back. I know Dive Life won't fill them if they spot them.

·
GUE Instructor
9,260 Posts
how do you know they are clean as well? Have they never ever been filled?
By the same argument how do you know yours are clean. Cylinders are "clean" at the point they are cleaned, the sticker is meaningless after that. It's just industry bollox.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
By the same argument how do you know yours are clean.
Mine aren't;) In fact, I made a point of not wasting Christolube on them when I gave the valves a strip and clean, why waste the expensive stuff. And they won't need to be either, even for nitrox.
I'm continuous blending when the regulator and analyser arrive:D

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Thats true, but it normally means they were clean at the point that the sticker was issued, unlike any fanny sticking stickers on tanks that are in an unknown state of repair.

I notice you have a GUE link in your signature, is your point of veiw a GUE point of veiw, or is it just you? Im guessing you might not be so fast to disregard the O2 clean sticker if you filled lots of tanks a year.

·
death is certain life is not!
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the offers peeps hopefully sorted

·
GUE Instructor
9,260 Posts
Thats true, but it normally means they were clean at the point that the sticker was issued, unlike any fanny sticking stickers on tanks that are in an unknown state of repair.

I notice you have a GUE link in your signature, is your point of veiw a GUE point of veiw, or is it just you? Im guessing you might not be so fast to disregard the O2 clean sticker if you filled lots of tanks a year.
It's my view. I probably fill a few hundred cylinders a year with high nitrox mixes, and have helped out in shops often enough as well. I still think it's bollox.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts