YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Dear All,
Has anyone tried using a Seaquest Pro Unlimited BCD with twin cylinders and if so how are they fixed to the back plate? Alternatively has anyone used the Pro Unlimited and what do you think of it?
Many thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Not tried it but at a rough guess attachment would involve drilling two holes (possibly already marked by indentations) in the ABS backplate and then either punching out holds and adding eyelets (or in the case of Dommie, be an unsophisticated bastard and use a hot soldering iron) to the back of the jacket for the mounting bolts to pass through.

I'm assuming it's only got the one rear camband? If not, you could use the A.P. Valves twinning kit.

HTH

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

soldering iron?  unsophisticated?  never!  I just stabbed my Tekwing with a kitchen knife!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

True, I forgot about the way you tried to widen my holes with your small bit - last time I let you drill anything of mine....

And you gave up before the job was complete, Dales and I had to finish setting the twins up....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Imported post

David,
ive used a pro unlimited with twins, works fine. the backplate has the holes for the bolts from the twinning bands already in place so fitting them up is real easy.
oh and i happen to have a virtually brand new pro unlimited (size L) that i could be talked into selling!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Many thanks for the help guys - especially Duncan.  Unfortunately Duncan we are emigrating to New Zealand in the next 4-6 weeks and will be buying the kit out there - but nice try ;-)
David
-Bye-

(Edited by DavidW at 1:29 am on Dec. 3, 2002)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

DavidW

From what I know about prices for equipment in Nz I'd take up Duncan's offer if I were you.

If you need anymore convincing then private message 'Gunna Do' as he's our Nz contingent and visits this site regularly.

regards
Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

I'm sure you're right and appreciate the "heads up" but what with freight transport costs taken into consideration the difference isn't too great Also as I am a largish individual I need the XL.  Oh well never mind

David

-Bye-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts