YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I've just received the following e-mail message. I'm not so naive as to believe it but does anybody know what it's about? Have you had anything similar? What happens if I contact them? I've omitted certain refernce numbers etc just in case – part of me wants to believe what it says, despite everything

_
AllLotto UK.

REF: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BATCH: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RE: WINNING NOTIFICATION/FINAL NOTICE

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the of All lotto
international programs held on the 23rd of October 2003.

Your e-mail address attached to ticket number xxxxxxxxxx with serial number xxxxxxxxxx drew lucky numbers:

Game Date Game Result
2003-11-05 Daily Play: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2003-11-05 Lottery Extra: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2003-11-05 Lotto: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bonus xx
2003-11-05 Thunder ball: xxxxxxxxxxxx, Thunder ball: x

YOU ARE THEREFORE ENTITLED TO A LUMP SUM PAYOUT OF £800, 000. 00. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claim has been processed and your moneyremitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 100,000 company and 50,000,000 individual email addresses and names from all over the world. This promotional program takes place every three-year. We hope with part of your winning you will take part in our end of year 50 million British Pound Sterling international lottery.

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than or before the 30 days from the date of this publication/Notification. After this period all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake. Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, remember to quote your reference number and batch Numbers in all correspondence.

Furthermore, should there be any change of Address do inform our agent as soon as possible. PLEASE CONTACT OUR AGENT WHOSE ADDRESS APPEARS FOR YOU TO RESPOND TO.

Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for Being part of our promotional program.
Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.

Sincerely yours,

Kenneth Jenkins
All Lotto UK
____
PS Anybody want to come to Galapagos if it's true?

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

I just found this...see if the numbers match yours.

CLAIM CONTRACTOR SERVICES LIMITED for and on the behalf of

All Lotto UK.

REF: OGS/2311786008/01
BATCH: 14/011/IPD
RE: WINNING NOTIFICATION/FINAL NOTICE

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the of All lotto international programs held on the 1st of October 2003. We are a subsidiary of the British National Lottery.

Your e-mail address attached to ticket number 20511465886-629 with serial number 3772-99 drew lucky numbers
2003-10-04 Daily Play: 3, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 21
2003-10-04 Lottery Extra: 1, 6, 37, 39, 44, 48
2003-10-04 Lotto: 2, 8, 23, 32, 35, 39, Bonus 16
2003-10-04 Thunderball: 11, 20, 25, 30, 34, Thunderball: 14

YOU ARE THEREFORE ENTITLED TO A LUMP SUM PAYOUT OF £800, 000. 00.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims have been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 100,000 company and 50,000,000 individual email addresses and names from all over the world. This promotional program takes place every three-year. We hope with part of your winning you will take part in our end of year 50 million British Pound Sterling international lottery.

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than or before the 30 days from the date of this publication/Notification. After this period all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake. Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, remember to quote your reference number and batch Numbers in all correspondence.

Furthermore, should there be any change of Address do inform our agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for
Being part of our promotional program.

Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.

Sincerely yours,

Kenneth Jenkins.
(Winning Co-Ordinator)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Same reference, batch, ticket and serial numbers but different Daily Play, Lottery Extra, Lotto and Thunder ball numbers. What the hell's going on?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Think You've been on the G+T's to be even thinking about this John. quick webbie search cropped THIS up

Peter

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

i just typed "kenneth jenkins" and "lotto" into google and it came up with that from a site i cant make head nor tail of.

I keep on getting spam from ppl claiming to be from africa wanting me to invest cash for them or summat.  utter testicles is what i say to the lot of them, and block them from sending me more unwanted junk!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Porg: Yes, I guess we've all had the Nigeria letter, either by post or by e-mail or both.
Peter: No G and T's yet! OK, so you don't want to go to Galapagos  
I still can't understand what it's all about, though. Surely they can't believe I'd gamble with them if I discovered they'd already conned me once?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>John,
I received the same sort of thing a few months back, to try and find ouy more about it I did a general internet search on scams  !!!
some interesting info if you are stuck for something to read  for an hour.
Its a con, but its interesting to find how they work it....

TOG Diver

·
Registered
36 Posts
Imported post

People fall for those 419 scams (the nigerian ones where they have to offload $30 million  (THIRTY MILLION US DOLLARS)

The scary thing is that people dissapear because of it. It's a great laugh to read them, as long as you don't fall for it, as then it ceases to be amusing at all

Id suggest anyone considering replying to such a  scam have a read through this...

RIA

Gareth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts