YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise how much to tighten the Silicon switch cover when replacing the switch on Salvo/Halcyon etc... canisters please.

I'm guessing more than a nip up and less than FT !!!

Cheers

Graham :)

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure mate. I have a fully functioning, never needs repairing. Green Force Torch of Wonder :kiss:
I'm going to bookmark this thread and beat you round the ears with it one day :p

If I wanted advice on a candle in a jam jar I would have asked for it :p

Hi Graham, when I replaced mine a couple of months ago I just used a spark plug socket (16mm) and nipped it up without using a socket wrench.
Thanks mate - appreciate the help :thumbsup:

G

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Marty :)

Already have done mate - I'm going to have one last go with a self-fix then over to Corey and the guys at Light Monkey ;)

Cheers

G

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you could contact Dave Wallace.
He fixed my Salvo up a treat when I blew up the battery and damaged the cable, lid and connectors..
Easier than sending it to US and A!!
I did mate but he doesn't help with Salvos anymore as Light Monkey now has an agent (Deep Ideas) in the UK. When I contacted Jo she got back to me super quick (even though she is away at the mo I beleive) she copied Corey in to her email and I heard from Light Monkey within minutes too!

I've trimmed back and rewired the lid, new switch, boot and Anderson connectors. Battery currently on burn test (3 hours so far) so fingers crossed things are pretty much sorted now.

Or I know a man that can "do you good price" on a proper torch ;)
Velly cheap :D :D

G

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.