YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi
I have a Oly C750 and I'm geting a housing the next thing is strobes.
I have seen the Epoque ES150DS but obviously dont know if its any good.
there is a package on offer with the strobe,fibre optic cable 10bar short flexy arm & slot tray 2x cost £250 again is this good.
The other thing is in Macro mode the flash dosen't work so a slave obviously wouldn't work are there any other options?
Please be gentle with your answers and remember you are talking to a u/w photo numpty so nothing too technical.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>From what I have picked up the Epoque 150 is pretty basic.  The Sea & Sea YS 25 is a better option and then the YS 90 would be top I guess.  The Sea & Sea strobes work with cameras that use a pre flash I don't think the Epoque does.  That said if you can change your flash settings to a single flash then that is less of an issue.  Another consideration is what will you be using in the future.  More spent now might be saved later when you upgrade your camera.

Jim

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the info,I've looked at the options and will go for the sea & sea over Epoque
now which one?.........................................  Haven't I asked this before somewhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.