YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My strobes fire when Im focusing, and not when I release the shutter. Any clues ? All recent gear. Brand new housing, new electronics, new YS-D1 strobes. Just decided to do it on a work job.

Cheers

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Sorry, can't help with your Q but I would suggest you give Sea&Sea a ring. I have in the past on other matters and have found them to be as helpful as you would hope they would be.

They're bound to have heard of the problem before?

Address: SEA & SEA Limited, Philip House, Aspen Way, Paignton Devon, TQ4 7QR, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1803 663012
Fax: +44 (0) 1803 663003

They certainly helped me out with a problem I had in the past and you certainly don't want a reputation for flashing at inappropriate times! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shall do just that !

The manufacturer option was the "if theres no instant easy fix cos Im a techno-phobe" option......

I hereby accept defeat. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The internal flash on the camera is firing to help the lens focus. Adjusingt the preflash settings on the strobe should fix it.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
The internal flash on the camera is firing to help the lens focus. Adjusingt the preflash settings on the strobe should fix it.
Wow. My attempt at helping now seems unworthy ......... :cry:

:):)

·
Nauticam UK
788 Posts
Exactly, you have the prefocus assist firing turned on, turn it off and you'll be good to go. Might need a focus light though next!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
nah, all of the above are wrong.

simply put, the gear you are using is crap, and car boot quality at the very most.

to avoid you any further embarassment, i will send you £20 for the lot, and then you can buy some more :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts