YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found the site after doing a some web searches - i got my OW diver about 5 years ago but never really got on with UK diving - till a recent refresher in warmer climes got my enthusiasm going again - and now i cant wait for the weekends to come round again so i can get back in the water.... ive recently developed a bizarre fondness for vobster quay! its a great place for me to get my bottom time and confidence up before i go for my AOW cert etc.

anyway - i look forward to soaking up all the valuable knowledge from you guys

Reactions: Ding Dang Doo

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Hello and welcome to YD!

Enjoy the boards and let us know how you get on with your diving.

Helen xxx

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi, welcome!

Best of luck with gaining your confidence, and well done for wanting to get more experience before you move on.

Happy diving! x

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Welcome aboard Sea M. I hope all your future dives won't be as your name indicates.

I'm also sure there are lots of divers down your way who wouldn't mind you tagging along if you wanted to dive with new buddies. New buddies are great, there is a healthy respect for them (as you usually don't know them, so are overly polite) and they have different skills, practices and kit setup. You can learn alot about diving being a buddy whore.

Dave (Buddy Whore) C

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to YD Z V

Indeed, as Scubee points out you may not be able to keep that tag.

I'll let Jay know and he'll work something out with you.

Rgrds
Mal
Hello and welcome.

I think the name is going go cause some confusion though. Not quite sure why but whern I click on your profile it goes to mine??? Any ideas Jay?

cheers

Nick

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Welcome to YD Zero Viz...

The name thing is that the system treats a space the same as a - (I think). We had the same problem with G Man and G-Man a year or so ago, which was fun when one got barred and the other one promptly couldn't log on :)

Someone will be in touch to sort it for you anyway...

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Hello and welcome :thumbsup:

Good to hear you're getting back into the swing and Vobster is a fine place :teeth:

Can't find any info as you do indeed link to Zero-Viz's profile, so whereabouts are you ? You will find many helpful YDers who will gladly join you for dives and impart helpful advice and tips :) Just be sure to get a second opinion ;)

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
If you click on the profile and get the wrong one, just change the - into a space in the url, the system replaces the code it needs when you press enter, and it will then go to the right one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry about the name thing...
looking at the members list theres actually 3 of us...

ill re-register and post again

Reactions: Dave Crampton

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts

You may be best off waiting for a mod to sort it. PM Mal, who is already aware of the problem, with an alternative name and I'm sure it will be sorted tout suite :teeth:

·
Registered
603 Posts

Welcome again and thanks for changing tha name. It looks as though you managed to keep my reputation though so good luck to you!! :teeth:

best

Nick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.