YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all.  I'm a new member to your site.  My name is Iain and I'm from the scottish borders not too far from St. Abbs :)  I'm 31 years old, and have been diving for 5 years.  I'm PADI trained and currently at the "Rescue Diver" stage.  I've also done the IANTD advanced nitrox course.  I used to be in a club which was run from the Eyemouth dive centre which has been closed for some time, so as a result have lost contact with most of my old buddies.  Most of my diving has been around St. Abbs but have also been to Scapa Flow twice which is truly awesome!  Well hope to meet you guys some time and would like to praise you for an excellent web site.  Cheers....Iain

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Iain,

On behalf of the other troops - most of whom are currently away on a mass Sharabang and going large on a long weekend diving in St Abbs - I'd like to welcome you to the site.

Please post frequently and on any diving topics you fancy - although there is a non-diving forum for general chat and gigglesworth at the bottom of the page!

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Cheers,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Imported post

Hi Iain,
Welcome to YD, I myself haven't met anyone yet ( I'm a bit busy at the moment) but from the posts that are written up by everyone, I guess that this is a neat site.  I'm over in Cumbria which isn't very far away from you, so I'm sure that we'll meet up for a splash sometime.
All the best,
moon

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hey ScotsIain

Welcome to the board mate, As you're aware we've just been to Abbs for a cracking weekend, if you'd only joined a couple of days ago we could of all met up (stayed at Scoutscroft) but never mind, it was so good we'll be back very soon...
A big write up to follow but for now It's a cuppa and feet up.. I'm knackered in a pleasant sort of way.  :biggrin:

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

I second theat - welcome aboard. Any questions or queries, myself or one of the board moderators should be able to help. Just got home from St Abbs half an hour ago so its off for a bath for me. Some INCREDIBLE photos to come (some more incredible than others!!) but I'll wait until I've received all dive trip reports and I'll compile them over the next day or two. Lets just say one (or possibly more) of our members is breaking into a cold sweat as they read this!!

Regards

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Ian, I'm in Scotland too so hope to see you on one of the YD jollies soon. I'm NOT breaking into a cold sweat! But there are indeed some INCREDIBLE photos to come hee hee

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hello iain

as has been said, welcome to the board, hope to meet you sooner rather than later, what a weekend you missed!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Come-on-come-on Chaps and Chapesses!!!!

Here's me sitting patiently, organising kids events at a Queen's Jubilee gig (oh, my head!) and waiting for you guys to submit your dive reports.

C'mon guys, a very nasty type of torture this

Who did what to whom? Is Dave W still a virgin? Did you finish all the Dutch beer? Did Ammers show Dave and Andy her 'twins', f-nar, f-nar? Did Andy show Ammers his 'four-manner'? What was the residual methane level in any given tent in the wee hours? Oh, and then there's the diving of course ;)

Answers to these and other questions on a very hurriedly written postcard please!

Welcome back safe all and glad it went well.

So.......who's sweating? I wonder....... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts