YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Finally after visiting this site for a while decided to introduce myself. Started diving 7 yrs ago, with my son and daughter. Dive mainly south coast, fav dive site Scapa.
Love good Eng/Scot/north/south banter. Apologises in advance because most times I have visited this forum have been after a drink in the evening and therefore future posts will probally be at the same time and under the same influence.
Just started TDI adv nitrox at Wraysbury. This years aim is to dive the Moldovia and possibly the Le Franc and Warilda.
Really p... off at the moment last 4 daytrips cancelled due to weather. Trying again this friday 3rd (see diving trps)
Mega hassle from wifee re diving with both offspring and 3x cost.Youngest daughter (15yrs) loves trying scuba in the swimming pool but hates even swimming in the sea because of the fishes.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hiya Howard

Welcome to the burgeoning troop my friend, it appears that finding anyone to dive with anywhere in the country be it midweek or weekend just becomes easier and easier thanks to our little community..

Ya just gotta luv this place dontcha  :biggrin:

Theres also about a dozen of us who've just completed our TDI Adv Nitrox and a few others (myself included) who are moving on into Deco Procedures and Trimix, add to that the substantial amount of techies we already have on board and it appears that there'll be a fair few with an extended range of sites for the 2003 calender, please feel free in arranging whatever, wherever and you'll probably be pleasntly suprised at the turnout.

I've just really been made aware of the Moldavia thanks to Mark Chase and yes that one is defo a 'must do'...

Looking forward to hearing some of your experiences, dive reports etc.

Once more, welcome mate.
Dave.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
l only got two replies back then. :( out of them one seldom posts and the other went all gooeee and hasn't posted for a long time.

How true the booze bit is. :D

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
If you're bringing donuts on Friday, I like the regular jam ones please. Custard is acceptable as a last resort.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Oh, he won't be bringing doughnuts. He has 'a man' to do that for him. The bad news is, I appear to be that man :)

So, Jam for you then.

Is it sensible to admit here that I never posted an intro myself - should I do one now?

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Oh, he won't be bringing doughnuts. He has 'a man' to do that for him. The bad news is, I appear to be that man :)

So, Jam for you then.

Is it sensible to admit here that I never posted an intro myself - should I do one now?

I wouldn't bother. I never did either ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts