YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

hi all,  35 yr old bloke been diving for about 5 yrs now (ssac) mainly lakes. is there anyone else here from cumbria or is it just a place for "strange" yorkshire people ?.(well who in their right mind would dress in rubber ,throw themselves in freezing cold murky water,swim down 30 or 40 mtrs for pleasure?).

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>As said before,  not just strange Yorkshire people.

Strange people from all over  

There is quite a strong southern contingent and Scottish contingent.  Not to mention some really far flung places like Malta, Sweden and even Glasgow !!

Daz

Have a look at the following for a quick straw poll that was run not long ago.
http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/cgi-bin....;t=1737

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Welsome fellow northerner I'm on te opposite coast to you (Tyneside) but get over to the lakes fairly regularly.
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Mark,

A warm welcome to YD mate!

I'm in Manchester myself, so not too far from you.

Andy 'DalesDiver' Hayhurst is in Cumbria though, and we dive with him very regularly - and you're more than welcome to join us on any dip as we dive the Lakes very regularly (Wastwater, Conniston, etc.) too.

So please get in amongst it and feel free to join us - we can always find you a buddy if you need one and will dive in what ever 'comfort-range' (depth etc.) that you feel happy with.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Imported post

Hi, Just checking in. btw i am from cumbria, Broughton Nr Cockermouth. But now live in scotland. Diving west and east coast.
Regards Richard

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Fall-in Major  

Welcome aboard mate. Get in amongst it and fill your boots. Another one to the growing swathes of our Jockanese contingent.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>thank you all for the warm welcome. maybe i'll get to dive with a few of you this year.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome, even frogs are allowed on here!  
Take care and dive safely.  Ribbet.  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts