YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello all.  I am a recently qualified open water diver who would love to get further up the qualification ladder but money and work dictates that i really have to wait for the next step.  I really need to win the lottery i think.  Could do with a big win to set me up.  Hope you don't mind a babbling idiot on here, diving newbie as well, god, there goes the neighbourhood!

Simon

·
Registered
320 Posts
Imported post

Join the club mate, I a newbie as well, very nice crowd here and very helpful..

Where abouts you from, I'd like to do some practice in a quarry when I get back from Hols,  if you fancy it..

Can look like a bear of drowning rats together, less embarrassing if there two us.

Stay safe

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome.  Don't worry, we have lots on here - babbling idiots, frogs, tarts - you name it, I'm sure we have it.  
Ask away - as one of our mods says, the stupid question is the one you didn't ask.  Dive safely.  Ribbet.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Simon
you will fit in just fine.

Lots of newbies, lots of more experienced and lots of very experienced. All helpfull and polite (most of the time, DIR tends to get a bit warm occasionally).

We are not all mega rich, so you wont get told to buy the most expensive kit you can find. Many of us dive a single 12L and are happy bimbling at less than 30m, some on the other hand (Bren?) dont understand budget goods  

and lose Kowalski torches in the wardrobe cos they forgot they had them.

As Bren stated the stupid question is the one you didnt ask.

Welcome.

Matt

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Simon,

Don't worry mate, you're amongst friends. Ask what you will and have no fear of folk taking the piss; let's just say that to so do so is not the 'house style'. If we can help, we will do and if you need buddies of your own experience or comfort level, then please just shout and post in the 'Need a Buddy?' section below and we'll look to getting you hooked-up.

Now where is that Kowalski.............?  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Simon, welcome to the boards
lottery! nay lad, doesn't have to be expensive, I learnt  to dive as an impoverished student, there's plenty of  ways to get wet without breaking the bank, so get in amongst it, ask whatever you like  and take advantage of the massive variety of experiences on here.

As far as getting out diving, there's plenty of experienced folk (variety of agencies and levels) who'll be only too happy to help you "cut your teeth" at many sites around our shores, I see you're from Leeds, should be easy enough to find local buddies.
Chee-az
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts