YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi everyone, newbie diver on board. Completed OW at Bovi last Sept, & am so hooked am moving to Plymouth, v shortly.
Bren, thanks for you e-mail. Will definately hook up for a dive when I'm more organised.
By the way I've been trawling the net on dive sites for quite a few months & have to say this is the best.

Jane

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Janey,

Glad we could hook you up!

Learnt at Bovi, eh? Hardcore bad-ass diver already then  

Now that's dedication! Moving to Plymouth to dive! Gotta love that.

As you might have read, our YD 'Southern Contingent' has grown immensely in the last few weeks and we've got a massive squad down there now, so please make Janey feel welcome and get her out diving (not that she'll need much encouragement on this evidence!)

Please feel free to both post and reply and ask anything you want - you will not get flamed on this board, and the daftest question is the one you didn't ask. If we can help, we will.

Take care and look forward to diving with you some time soon.

Dive safe.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Janey - glad to see you got your registration sorted. Look forward to reading your posts and, as Bren said, ask whatever questions you have - we have experienced divers from every diving organisation in the UK and beyond, together with a multitude of both recreational and technical instructors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Cheers Guys.
Doug would love to hook up for a dive when in area (about 6 weeks) if  you are up for diving with a newbie (I have own kit, sold my soul for it)?
Yes Bren I am a  
ass lass, spent many an evening in Bovi Bar excellent entertainment (soooooo sad it's gone).

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

DDRC demoted me back to newbie (30 metres max) so you've got nothing to worry about. Not that i need to go to 30 anyway. There are lots of shore dives here, you just decide the depth.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Jane

The bar at Bovi, ahh fond memories. I learnt to dive at Bovi as well with the Forces Diving Centre. Possibly the best of both worlds, a 1 week BSAC course with full time instructors.

Anyway before i start an argument, welcome and i look forward to your posts.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>

I normally get down to Plymouth area, Kingsands/Cawsands/Tregantle and Whitsand Bay two or three times a year so would be happy to meet up with you when I have some dates to hand - I haven't dived in the area before so any venues are yours for the picking!
Cheers

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Janey.

Welcome to what i have found now to be the BEST NUT house for diver chat,

** BREN ** What you sayng , all BOVI trained divers are bad ass's ,,,,,, or just the scoobie's
???/  

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Janey,

Nothing wrong with Bovi divers - I have fond memories !

Welcome to the boards

Dive safe
Paul  

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Janey, too far to dive with you, I'm in Glasgow.  Like Peter K but I'm much more sensible  
Dive safely.  

1 - 11 of 11 Posts