YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people!

I just passed through here to greet you, I'm incredibly impressed of how many English divers I meet everywhere :)

Hope to dive together again soon with some of you!

Ciao, Marco

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Marco,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Just in case you aren't certain - you don't want to offend some people by calling then English divers if they are from Scotland or Wales or Ireland! :)

You'd be best off sticking with calling us all "British divers"! :)

I don't understand why they get upset, either. Perhaps it is because they wish they were English divers? :):):angel:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Just in case you aren't certain - you don't want to offend some people by calling then English divers if they are from Scotland or Wales or Ireland! :)

I don't understand why they get upset, either. Perhaps it is because they wish they were English divers? :):):angel:
Come on mate get real, of course we would like to be referrred to by our actual nationality, but no one is going to take offence by some one outside the UK referring to everyone as English. If they do they they have a serious chip on their shoulder.

Cheers
Cymru am byth :) :)

Steve

·
23,946 Posts
Come on mate get real, of course we would like to be referrred to by our actual nationality, but no one is going to take offence by some one outside the UK referring to everyone as English. If they do they they have a serious chip on their shoulder.

Cheers
Cymru am byth :) :)

Steve
Perhaps ..................... one would hope not .................... maybe I have met some of the wrong people! I've certainly met some people who were less than friendly just because I am English. Your point is noted though. :)

Anyway, it was only a gentle hint ........ I wouldn't want any offence to be taken and, perhaps, it was less agressive if I, as an English person, mentioned it. I certainly didn't mean any offence to Marco.

·
Registered
70 Posts
nationality

Hi and welcome.

I've got no problem with you being English everyone should judged on their own merits. Every country has it's quota of dick heads including mine, Scotland, but I take your point we can be a bit oversensitive here in the uk regards our nationality.

P.S. I love Italy, worked there for a few years as a skiing instructor, very warm people, ciao Marco.

·
23,946 Posts
P.S. I love Italy, worked there for a few years as a skiing instructor, very warm people, ciao Marco.
Are you mad? How can you say that? Surely skiing and being warm is a contradiction?

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.