YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>Hi ya

Not a Yorkshire lad, but living there!

Welcome to proberly the best group of divers in the world.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Hi David
I am not from yorkshire either but i do live there, welcome aboard. when are you inviting us lot over to yours then???
I am sure a YD gig in Florida would be very polular and we can all crash at your house...just post the invite...

Jules

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Dave,

I dived the Indian and Banana Rivers (just near Patrick Airforce Base) in Cocoa Beach, whilst living there in '95. Just some 'fun' with mates - checking out the Manatees and nearly getting killed by boat props. Brackish and smelt like shit, but hey you can't smell under water, right?

Feel free to post and look forward to you anserwing questions on your part of the diving world.

Cheers,

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Bren, sorry I dont dive the rivers,just once to see the manatees. All my diving local is in the Gulf of Mexico, just a five min drive. Dived a new wreck (sank on purpose two months ago) last week and droped into a shoal of Jew fish I stoped counting at 17 another diver said she counted 23, what a site. July it's across to the east coast for a couple of days diving but my next big one is Oct the wife and I are of to Papua New Guinea,Oz and the coral sea, I will never be satisfied with the Gulf of Mexico again, Ha well into every life a little s--t must fall.
All the best David

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Julia if you ever get to Fl let me know I will put you onto some good diving west and east coast and the manatees if you want but there is not a lot of diving in the gulf in winter if there was six divers I culd get you a boat to go whever you want, but I dont know what the diving is like in the winter my wife wont dive then, we usualy take of for warmer climes, she is makeing this Yorkshire lad soft.
All the best David

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Hi David! Welcome!
I've dived with the Manatees (Crystal River), on the artificial reefs at Ft lauderdale, in the Keys (Key Largo and in the gulf west of Key West, near the Marquesas) and out of West Palm Beach. I rate West Palm Beach highest. If you haven't dived there, give it a try. The gulfstream comes close to land there and you have a god chance of seeing sharks and pelagics, as well as turtles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for the welcome john, I will be diving at Boynton beach much the same as West Palm ie the gulf stream. We are using a charter called splash down divers a very good outfit a lot of people from the west coast use them. The last time we went for a weekend they called the dives off as there where 4-5 ft waves, on our last day a group called pro dive dived in 3-4 we passed on it I dont need to dive that bad. Geting in and diving is no problem but geting out is another story I have seen a few people get the timeing wrong and been hit by the swimm platform fortunately no serious injuries. My dive experiences North and south Ireland , Plymouth , Cyprous , Bahamas , Aruba , Florida , Cozumel , Costa Rica and Maui. All the best keep diving. David

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi heads, no need to get jealous I started diving in Northern Ireland Jan 1974 and it is some of the best diving I have ever done. I would like to go back and do some more but my wife will-not tuch the cold waters, maybe one day.
All the best David.
PS Jan 70 pioneer days great fun

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cdiver2 @ June 22 2003,17:49)]Hi heads, no need to get jealous I started diving in Northern Ireland Jan 1974 and it is some of the best diving I have ever done. I would like to go back and do some more but my wife will-not tuch the cold waters, maybe one day.
All the best David.
PS Jan 70 pioneer days great fun
<font color='#000080'>Keep working on her...

I always said I would not dive in cold water but there really is something about it and the missus has been known to get in and pootle around at times.

In fact I am ashamed to admit that when I got back from my last warm water diving holiday I could not wait to get back into our cold waters.

Welcome to the boards.

Daz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts