1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just a quickie to say...Hi all...

I've done about 50 dives, mostly in the Red Sea but a few at Wraysbury,  

Just come back from the Red Sea, (Stayed at Ocean Club and dived with Ocean College), and had a most excellent time, (saw my first shark  
).  So I've got post dive jitters now and can't wait to get wet again.

Rob

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Rob,

Welcome aboard squire! Get in amongst it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Welcome to YD Rob.

Keep an eye on Planned Trips & Need A Buddy, they can always provide at reason to get in & get under.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard.

I have the same experience as you by the sounds of it, even down to the couple of dives at wraysbury. Out of interest, are you planning on diving more in the UK? If so how are those plans coming along?

The guys on this board have been really helpful since I have signed up, so if you need advice just shout, and someone will point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Conor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Hi Conor

There's always the plan to dive more in this country, but at present I just have a wetsuit so that may have to wait until it gets warmer again.  Until this summer all my dives had been in the Red Sea, so I joined a club, (Divestyle Reading), and went to Wraybury with them, (and then again a few times with a mate of mine).

Having said that it's the diveshow in a few weeks so I shall be having a good look at dry suits, although having paid for all the rest of my own kit this year a dry suit may have to wait until the finances improve.  

I found the dives at Wraysbury really useful, dealing with lack of vis, silty bottom and SMB release were all skills I've now at least had a go at.

So the club I've joined have a good programme of dives around the UK for the coming year and divers who are very keen to get out there and dive.  Which is nice  

Rob

·
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Very similar situation. i'm hoping to get a drysuit at the dive show, if possible, and then will try to get active in my local club before it gets too cold.

Wraysbury was fun, poor vis etc, except the water was 21c when I was there, so not quite representative of UK conditions

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Guys,

If you want to try UK diving give me a shout for a dive out of Dover, we have a few hundred wrecks down this way. No vis at the moment, but i think realisticly you are looking at next year.

Always happy to give a hand with mastering a dry suit if required.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Thanks Paul

I may take you up on that. I'm hoping to sort out a Drysuit at the show or slightly afterwards, but you may be right about looking at next year.

Cheers

Conor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts