YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I've just registered - Simon (42yrs) Josh(14yrs) - Father and son buddies.  Novices with BS-AC Ocean Diver course completed.  Dived 12 times in Tenerife during hols and we have done a couple of dives togther at Capernwray after qualifying.  We are serious about wanting to learn and gain experience but have found clubs in our area a little variable - East Lancashire (Clayton le Moors nr. Blackburn).  Will dive anywhere anytime as long as it's suitable for novices - albeit we are told we are quite competent !!!  We are definitely not over confident and both want to dive with other divers - I'm like a mother hen with Josh ! - so it would do us both good to dive with more experienced 'patient folk'.  Look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.  PS - I'm booking a hol in mid October near to Swansea - any diving suggestions as I'm told the diving is good down that way.  Simon.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Simon and Josh,

You are both indeed most welcome. Please keep sight on the boards here for next dive dates and venues, and there will invariably be someone of a similar standard to yourselves to buddy up to go diving with when we do get you out in the wet.

Looking forward to meeting you and Josh and also to reading your postings. Please feel free to ask any questions you see fit and don't worry - the daftest question is the one you DIDN'T ask!!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hi Simon

Welcome to YD mate, Its great to hear that you and your son can enjoy this sport together, having a loved one to share the experiences with definitely increases the enjoyment quota.

As far as finding people to dive with, well you'll be pleased to know that you've come to the right place :thumb:

As your no doubt aware by reading some of the posts on the forums, we actively try to get together as and when we can, (albiet a little limited on our choice of sites at the moment) but fortunately for yourself there are more and more bods from Lancashire joining up all of the time so the choice of buddies of various experience and tastes in dive sites is growing all of the time.

Don't be afraid to try and organise something yourself though, you'll probably be suprised who will turn up to get wet with you and Josh as we all love the same thing and getting in the water is what its all about.

Hope to see you being an active member and asking as many questions as you want as no question is a daft question.

Why don't you also let Josh join as a member too? then he can have his own handle and avatar if he wishs.

Hope to see you guys on a YD gig real soon

Best regards
Dave.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to our forum!  We are friendly, and don't bite.  Look forward to reading your's postings - both of your postings!  Dive safely.  :biggrin:

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hello

as everyone else has said, welcome to the board, hope to hear and meet up for a dive

andy

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Hi Fellas and welcome on board the board! We won't hold your BSAC qual against you :lol: I agree with the bit about questions: if you ever need any tips on where not to dive at St Abbs I can give you a suggestion or 3 (see reports elsewhere on the board...) :bonk:
As to buddying up its not only the people of similar experience but I believe the people of more experience who'll be more than happy to go for a dip: the mission is to get wet, not dive on voodoo gases to abysmal depths to fight hand to hand with the kraken etc etc - so come along on a trip and enjoy! (PS don't let 2 tanx fool you into helping carry his kit)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts