YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

thought I’d introduce myself.

I come originaly from Preston Lancashire, and have been living now in Germany for over 17 years, they still can’t speak Prestonian, so it looks like I’m here to stay.

Been diving for about 5 years, mainly here in Southern Germany, Munich. It gets bloody cold in winter, so a dry suit is a must.
My first 2 years of diving I had only a wet suit. One day we drove down to Walchensee (a lake towards the Mountains), there was around 2ft of snow on the ground and the temp was –15°C. The water was warmer than the air +3°C, the worst bit was getting out of the wet suit at the end of the dive. It took me hours to get warm. After that little bit of experience I went out and got a dry suit.

I get back to England around once a year. I’ll give you all a shout before hand so maybe you’ll let me tag along.

All the best Ian  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ian, welcome.
I was in Munich for about 6 months in 2000, like dthe place a lot. Havent been anywhere else in Germany so dont know if the stereotype is rubbish but the Bacerians I worked with were more like Italians, screamming, shouting and ver excitable. Oh and come 4 o clock Friday - gone!!! German efficiency my backside. Loved them for it though.
Small world!
Take care
Matt

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ian,

Please feel free to get yourself on any of our dives when next you're over in the UK. And welcome aboard.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ian - welcome to our forum.  It's getting a bit crowded!  Dive safely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts