YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well I've just passed my open water cert, and looking forward to getting into this diving lark. My 10yr old son has also got his o.w cert and my 12 yr old daughter has her last open water dive in a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to diving as a family. We are off to the GBR at christmas hence the scuba lessons after all you can't go all that way and not dive! We are hoping to get some diving in between now and then to improve our skills. I am particularly interested in talking to other people who dive with young teenagers.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome to the sport as a new diver and welcome to YD!

From your profile I see you're in Manchester, like myself. There are quite a few of us locally so there should be plenty of opportunites for you to go diving. Keep an eye on the Planned Trips and Buddy sections and don't be shy to put a post on yourself if you need someone to dive with.

There's a wide range here, from fresh-out-of-the-box newbies to professional and commercial divers with decades of experience. You'll find all are very accommodating and are quite willing to dive with those of us with relatively limited experience to help bring us along.

As for people diving with families, again we have it all - Julia C and MATTBIN are but two regular posters that come to mind who regularly dive with their kids. I'm sure they'll have plenty of advice for you.

In the meantime enjoy your diving and if you're short of a buddy any time, you know where to find me!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard YD.

Hook-up with Julia C, she has two diving children also.

Good luck with the Barrier Reef and congrats all on passing your OW.

Cheers,

·
Registered
301 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Hi scubamum, dats my mums name aswell. im 12. My mum is Julia C. I'll get her to PM you with our number so you can chat. Hope ya like diving as much as i do!
b4n
Bethi.:D  

·
Registered
301 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>ok it wont let my mum post on her account....weird! she says. I've Pmed you my number so gimme a call, we can chat about kids diving. Jules.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts