YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Artist known formerly as 'ScubaRGN2'
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi everyone this seems a real nice forum to chat in. I'm AWOD dry and nitrox diver with almost 100 dives. Learnt to dive in Oman now dive Stoney and weymouth when I can. I work shifts so mid week diving is no problem to me. I will try and get to Stoney on the 5th look out for the twin flasks and thats me. I'm an early bird too will be there before the sparrows.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>I'll say hi,,,,,,,,, white writing on a grey background is sore on the eyes.

Andy

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

Hi from me too.

Your nick is a bit of a giveaway - what field are you working in?

Dom (anotherscubaRGN)!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I'll say Hi as well, though I can't read your post at all.

Peter
PS-In case you don't know, to change the type colour.
Go into "Your control panel"(Top left of the screen you're looking at just now)
Go into "Personal info."
Go into "Edit your profile"
Down at the bottom there is one of these pull down bar thingy-ma-jigs. Pick a colour(Something Darkish, Black is good)
Click "Amend profile"

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey RGN,

Welcome to the YD boards. When and where in Oman did you learn? Muscat? Bandar Kharan/Fahal Islands? Al Sawadi? Daymaniyat Islands? Musandam? Dived it and loved it.

·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi sorry about the grey just testing you all for shade blindness really. Dorn i'm a bit of a mersonary i'm afraid I work for an agency mainly care of the elderly and mental illness. I learnt in Oman Bren on Fahal Island and Bandar Kharan. Did the courses with Diveco did you dive with them? Thanks for the offer of midweek dive Simon tend to go at least twice a month if I can and Stoney is nicer than Guildenbourgh even though its just down the road.

Thanks for the welcomme too
Brenda

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Brenda,

DivEco, they're the bunch out of the Grand Hyatt on the beach? Run by an American guy, from Taxas (lived in Oman for about 19 years and married a local lass and converted to Islam)? If that's the same one then yes, they're the ones we dived with out of Muscat/Bandar Kharan, as we stayed at the Hyatt as part of our two centre (BK and Al Sawadi) stay.

Amazing place.

·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Salam Alikum kaif alik.
Yes the big guy was there when I was too instructors were Mal, Darren and Chris a great bunch of guys. Heard through the grapevine they have all been sacked now and its run by locals. Small world eh. Never got to dive the Damanyats but one day im going back to do them, shame they are only open 6months of the year.

It truley is an amazing place

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ScubaRGN2 @ Sep. 24 2003,16:55)]Dorn i'm a bit of a mersonary i'm afraid I work for an agency mainly care of the elderly and mental illness.
Nowt wrong with being mercenary, esp in psychogeri - not my cup of tea!

Welcome to the board.

Dom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts