YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi everyone

I have been lurking for a while, thought I might as well introduce myself.

My names Dave, I live in Bristol and have been diving for a little over 5 years.  

Done just over 450 dives. Mainly do diving on south coast for day or weekend trips, but also try and spend as much time as possible in Scotland (I managed 3 weeks last summer and I dived all over the place -  Mull, Summer Isles, St Abbs and Oban). I have also done a fair amount of diving around Skomer in Wales.
Dive site I have dived most? Probably Porthkerris Reef. No prizes for guessing where my club's training trip goes every year.

I am currently a BSAC Advanced diver and am TDI Extended Range qualified.

A bit more about my diving ...

Best dive from last year (havent been diving yet this year) -
So many to choose from. Thorough exploration of the Fairweather 5 (Summer Isles), my best ever dive on the JEL (Plymouth) or even my first dive at Chesil Cove (Cant believe I haven't done it before).

Best dive ever -
Impossible to choose. Probably the Kawloon Bridge in Ireland. Had a fantastic time exploring inside the bows.

Most Challenging dive -
Some dive in Littlehampton. We had to be on the boat by 5.30 am!

Scariest diving moment  -
Doing the Falls of Lara drift (Oban), all 7 minutes of it. Its the fastest drift I've ever done. A lot of fun but NEVER again. How I didnt end up in the pot at the end I'll never know.

Top 5 wrecks I'd like to dive: -
1. Muree
2. Moldavia
3. Zenobia
4. Any in scapa
5. Port Napier

Thats probably enough for now. I'm looking forward to many diving discussions and hopefully a few dives with some of you lot.

Have a good one

Dave

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

Hello Dave,

I'm new too but not at all experienced...

I'm now wondering if there are any real newbies out there...

Anyway, nice to see that this board is so active...welcome from me...but I'm sure the regulars will be along v. soon...

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Yeeeaaaa,

The regualars have arrived, but I'm not too regular, (ohh err missus) in fact I'm decidedly different, don't know why, just didn't want to be tard by a boring brush. Nice to see you, to see you nice, no relation.

James  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Dave and Ratbag,

A warm YD Welcome!! Glad to have you both aboard.

Dave, see the Planned Trips section and take a choice of what's on offer and join us for a wet! There's always 'YD-Stock 2', the second of our mass gatherings. All welcome, diving or not!

Ratbag, same to you, feel free to join us and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask away - we'll certainly help where we can! No question too dumb!

Cheers,

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

hi dave, sounds like you already have sampled one of my favourite places (Mull) so whatcha doing this weekend?
We have two spare places on the Mull Trip, it's not too late to sign up!
catch you soon
jules

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Alright me babba...  Ow be?

In case you did not guess Dave,  I'm also a Bristol lad (well not by birth) but it's a reasonable place to call home.

Porthkerris, great spot,  going there this May, probably Sep/Oct time as well.

Feel free to get stuck in and who knows maybe we can hook up for a splash one day.

Daz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Hi Jules

I would love to come diving this weekend, especially to Mull. But I have the joys of moving house to look forward to instead.

Maybe some other time.

Have a fun weekend

Dave

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ratbag @ Mar. 02 2004,17:26)]Hello Dave,

I'm new too but not at all experienced...

I'm now wondering if there are any real newbies out there...

Anyway, nice to see that this board is so active...welcome from me...but I'm sure the regulars will be along v. soon...
Hi Ratbag, don't worry, you're not alone. I've been diving 18months and done 63dives. I'm a Sports Diver currently doing Dive Leader and consider myself inexperienced but getting there slowly  

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave L @ Mar. 02 2004,17:20)]
Hi Dave,

Welcome to YD  

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Top 5 wrecks I'd like to dive: -
1. Muree
Ah, a man of good taste. I'd love to do the Muree as well but I hear its strictly a trimix dive (Landing in the swimming pool on air can be a little confusing so I'm told!  
). Perhaps we can arrange a YD East Coast trip out there (if there is a skipper brave enough to hang about that close to the shipping lanes!  
)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts