YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

hi everyone

just a quick hello, just done managed to start diving this year, allthough it has been a long term want to do( did an aptitude test at fort bovisand for a comercial diving course when i was 17 and a discover scuba last year in tenerife) and have at long last managet to get here.
im now a padi advanced with nitrox with a total of 34 dives all since feb in devon , dorset, kent, stony, elerton, crapenwray, st abbs & teneriffe, my next step is to do rescue diver and then get into the technical side as i would like to see loads of wreck sites.
i am fortunate that i work down south and live up north so i can dive both ends of the country on my weekends off.

regards all

chris

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Chris,

Welcome aboard YD! See Planned Trips and get yourself on a dive with us soon.

Cheers,

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Chris

Isn't it amazing how many divers like motorbikes? Still, wellcome to YD. Hope you get what your looking for in a diving sort of way, you are certainly getting some in so must be passionate.

See you around.

James  

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Hey Chris.
Not sure if that makes ya one of the YD cloth cap and whippet brigade of the YD Southern shandy drinkers .
Either way welcome.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

What point is Co. Durham "up North". Thee confuses thy with odd phrases! Depends on your geography Chris. There is further North than England you know! Just from a personal "looking down on you all from Gods country" point of view. We "WILL" stop them, we "WILL" get border control! If I thought I'd get away with it a few miles of tanks berms and barbed wire wouldn't go amiss. Hadrians wall obviously isn't quite up to the job!!!!!

seriously, Welcome to YD. You'll find us a more than accomodating bunch. I will personally vouch for it!

Take care and safe diving,
Peter

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>chris,
welcome to yd,get stuck in and enjoy.

cheers
barrie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Imported post

hi chris........
you sounds like me when i first started diving...... couldnt get enough.... doesnt wear off either.......even after 20 years!!!
Shame the body cant keep up with teh pace tho......lol
Catch you soon....
SAMx

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ April 12 2004,00:29)]Just from a personal "looking down on you all from Gods country" point of view. We "WILL" stop them, we "WILL" get border control! If I thought I'd get away with it a few miles of tanks berms and barbed wire wouldn't go amiss. Hadrians wall obviously isn't quite up to the job!!!!!
There was an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman (as in all the best jokes...!).  One day, they stumbled across a magic lantern and - adhering strictly to tradition - they rubbed it and found a genie popped out.  He was feeling a little mean that day, so rather than offering each of them three wishes, he said that they could have one wish each.
The Irishman - obviously - felt that he should uphold national pride and went for a pint of the black stuff.  his wish was instantly granted.

The Scotsman - again adhering to national stereotypes - decided that he wanted to ask for a wall right around Scotland in order to keep the filthy Sassenaches out.  Again, the genie was only too happy to oblige.

The Englishman was a thoughtful type, and before making his request asked that the genie told him a little more about this wall.  "It's 30 metres high, entirely round Scotland - there is absolutely no means of getting in or out, just as the man requested" replied the genie.  The Englishman smiled softly to himself before making his own wish .... 'fill it up with water'

Anyhoo, enough nationalistic ballyhoo - welcome aboard Chris!!

Helen

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Brilliant, an Englishmand who gives the Scotts a nationwide dive centre for free! and they say theres no love lost between us?

James  

1 - 10 of 10 Posts