YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

HI everyone

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  bang-on 
#1 ·
Imported post

Just got back from sunnier climes where i have discovered the joys of diving, done my PADI OW course, now looking to find out what do i do next as i know no other divers. Any Helpful(!) suggestions welcomed!

#2 ·
Imported post

Hey Alyson,

A warm welcome to YD!

Please feel at home and ask any questions you like - here, we work under the simple understanding that the daftest question is the one you didn't ask!

If you're up for new buddies, courses and diving trips, simply go to the 'Planned Trips' and 'Need a Buddy' sections and get you name down on one that takes your fancy - unless (before you get qualified) it's a mixed gas course or a deep-wreck trip - but those, if you want them, will come later and again you're more than welcome to join us.

Hope to see you on a dive with us soon!

Take care,

#3 ·
Imported post

Hi alyson
I am quite local to you (Almondbury) , welcometo YD and you are now in the right place to find out more about UK diving!

Further to your mask query, the nearest decent Big dive shop is Divers warehouse in Bradford, i am sure they could source a mask for you. I too am blind as a bat without me specs!

I will drop you my number on a pm and you can pop round for a cuppa one night.

Jules:D

#4 ·
Imported post

Hi Alyson,

Welcome to YD. You have come to the right place if you want to know what to do next.

Ask lots of questions on here, get yourself on some trips and get a taste for UK diving.

Looking at the weathet today you couldn't have picked a better time to start UK diving.

#7 ·
Imported post

Welcome to YD Alyson,

I would suggest you take Jule's up on the offer of a cup of tea, I am sure she will be more than happy to offer advice on how to progress with your diving either through a local BSAC club or other training/equipment and YD dive trips.

Daz

#9 ·
Imported post

Hi Alyson

The first thing I'd do is get more taining. PADI OW is an intro. at best, no offence. There are lots of good divers here who can help you on dives or give you advice but quality training to the next level will serve you well, especialy in the Uk as we dive with more "challenging" conditions that you typicaly get abroad.

Just read what I've written, and I sound boring as hell, so I'll stop there!

James  

#10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ April 22 2004,23:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ April 22 2004,22:42)]I would suggest you take Jule's up on the offer of a cup of tea,
actually it might be something stronger....
Good girl Jules,

Introducing Alyson to the "What is expected on a YD social" training session  

Daz

#11 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ April 23 2004,01:03)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ April 22 2004,22:42)]I would suggest you take Jule's up on the offer of a cup of tea,
Good girl Jules,

Daz
I can see I am going to have to get in some serious practise, drinking that is rather than diving! Sounds tuf, but I'm sure I can cope!?

#12 ·
Imported post

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Good girl Jules,

Daz

Digger make fire, fire good!

Dom

#13 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dlegros @ April 23 2004,15:39)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Good girl Jules,

Daz

Digger make fire, fire good!

Dom
Oh good point Dom, how remiss of us not to mention it  

Alyson, whatever happens, no matter what the circumstances, stay away from Digger

Daz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.