YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly Angus!
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi folks

As I have already been posting and fancy a couple of the trips coming up, I thought I had better introduce myself.

My name is Martin and I live in Central Scotland and have been an avid diver since Feb last year.  I did learn to dive 10 years ago qualifying as a BSAC Novice II diver.  Only managed about 30 dives in the next 10 years

Did my qualifying dives in the Falkland islands (Ex squaddie).  Middle of winter and water temp 3 degrees C. And dived mainly on holidays.  If anyone knows a chap called Kev Tongs, he is the one who introduced me to the delights of diving.

Since Feb last year I have clocked up 70 odd dives and also qualified as a SSAC Sport diver (Bo'ness branch).  Often scratched my head since and wondered why I didn't do this a long time ago!
I work shifts so am often available to dive during the week.

Angus Mcnasty was the nickname of one of my old Sgt Majors in the army.  He was nasty, pleased to say I am not, but like the name.

I am looking forward to many dives to come and hopefully meet some more of the YD divers out there.

Cheers

Martin

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Martin to YD

You do seem to be ideally placed for some wonderful diving. I will get up there one day

Adrian

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Now, Now Mr McNasty,

You are going to give all us Scotts a bad name with that bad name, luckily we are all realy nice and I forgive you. Welcome to the "board" and hope you won't be.

James

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard mate - get in amongst it and enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts