YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Regulary look at the Divernet site and after the odd mention of this site I decided to have a look.  It looks great, friendly and very usefull. Particulary like the trip report folder as well.
I'm based in Northern Portugal on the border with Galicia Spain. Currently diving is on pause due to oil spill wich is too revolting to describe. As a diver I just love being in the water, not a tech, wreck, cave or other speciality diver - yet!.... I have nearly 100 dives and Padi Rescue diver and annoyingly after I got my wife to start diving last year she is hooked on it and getting to be better than me. She will hapilly watch a gobby for the whole dive if it wasn't for me pulling her fins to get a move on!
I tend write if I have something usefull to say, otherwise I stand back and observe, looking forward to participate!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Chris,
:happywave:

Bummer about the oil,  (why are we doing this to our oceans :banghead:)  

Bummer about the wife diving as well (It can start getting expensive can't it ;) )   Still always nice to hear of someone else who can take pleasure in watching one fish for a whole dive.  (Bit chilly over here at the moment for staying in one place though ;) )

Daz

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Here Daz you trying to get more balls than me?
Chris welcome, yes we seem friendlier than Handbagnet (SteveW TM), which is odd cos we're all the same people, well a lot are. Looking forward to your posts, do you not have any inland sites you can dive, we moan about not having many here but I can think of about 6 in about 2 seconds.
Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hey I'm not worried about the number of balls,  I would be more concerned if they were larger than mine ;)

Roll on Sunday :biggrin:

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Chris,

Genuinely sorry (as I think every diver is - and other folk are!) to hear about the spill. Hope you can get back into the water soon and, more importantly, that the damage caused is not as serious as 1st thought. Look forward to reading your posts on here.

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi Chris and welcome, perhaps when you're able to get back to the ocean you could let us know if you can see any difference as a result of the spill
chee-az
Steve

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Matt, how very true, You can be having a barney with someone on wetkippers-at-dawn.net then within 2 mins be holding down a sensible discussion on YD. Like I said before there is a certain calming influence about the mellow blue on YD compared with the harsh white of D/Net.

Peter
As an afterthought can those wee smiley buggers be downloaded in a way that I can put them on personal E-mails?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Hi Chris,
Good to see you here. You'll find you can actually disagree with someone on this forum without getting flamed by him and all his mates. It makes a nice change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts