YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

As this is my first post on YD I thought I better introduce myself. I have been diving for four years after taking my PADI Open Water as a 50th birthday present to myself. I did this in Byron Bay whilst backpacking round Australia. When I arrived in Cairns I went on a liveaboard for 4 days and  I completed my advanced there. Having just recently returned from a diving holiday at Sipadan I thought I would share some of my photos with you. They were only taken with a Canon A70 with a waterproof housing and an Epoque ES150DS Flash.  Now I realise that this is only very basic equipment but some of the photos have turned out OK. I have just booked to go in July with Emperor Divers for a weeks liveaboard to St Johns and then a week in Marsa Alam. Any comments on Marsa Alam and the Sol Y Mar Hotel would be appreciated. Have previously dived at Byron Bay, Great Barrier Reef and Red Sea as well as Cappenwray in UK. Enjoyed Cappenwray but must admit that I like the warm water. I suppose this makes me a a bit of a wuss.

Sipadan 2004

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey David,

You are indeed welcome to YD! And some very good pictures there too. Not yet been to Sipadan, but on this evidence, it's on my list.

Feel free to get yourself on a dive with us - see Planned Trips.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Hiya David!

Welcome to YD!

Great pics on your site! Would love to go to Sipidan..maybe one day

I'm a warm water wuss too! Although is is getting harder to resist the urge to go diving in
between holidays...might have to go on a dry suit course soon!!

Enjoy

Scubachick

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi David

Wellcome to YD, you have been to some impressive places, Sipadan is a classic, truely world class, did you dive the drop off at night for the massive Bump heads or wait out in the blue for the Hammerheads? Both excellent, fond memories. I recently got a digital camera, the one I had a few years ago at Sipadan was rubbish, your pics realy put mine to shame, never mind, I'll just have to go back.

James  

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Only did one night dive whilst I was there. I don't have my own torch so I hired one from the dive shop. Needless to say it was not up to much. I am in the process of buying my own torch before I go to Egypt and I've been reading the posts on YD for peoples comments on them.

I, unfortunately, did not see any hammerheads. A couple were spotted during the week but not by me. I'm glad really as it gives me an excuse to go back. Mind you when I think about it who needs an excuse.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>david,
welcome to yd and warm or cold water its still diving.
judging by the pictures you are hooked,also i suspect eligible for our old gets section..  

cheers
barrie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts